* glibc for the MAC M1
@ 2023-10-10 13:53 Richard Bump
From: Richard Bump @ 2023-10-10 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

I receive this error when attempting to configure and install glibc-2.38:
configure: error:

*** The GNU C library is currently unavailable for this platform.

*** If you are interested in seeing glibc on this platform visit

*** the "How to submit a new port" in the wiki:

***   https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/#Development

*** and join the community!

I am not a developer as far as I know, just a user trying to get Jupyterlab to run my NodeJS kernel which it has done for years on my previous MACs.  I do remember installing glibc on my intel MACs to get various programs to run.  I have dabbled in the C language, but I am not a C or C++ developer or programmer, so, although I have reviewed your contents for a port submission, frankly I’m clueless.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Richard W. Bump