public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* patch committal.
@ 2004-05-02 12:17 Thomas Zander
From: Thomas Zander @ 2004-05-02 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

* patch committal.
@ 2004-05-02 12:50 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2004-05-02 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Zander; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Thomas Zander writes:

 > I'm (again) feeling a tad frustrated that nobody is available to commit or
 > even comment on my patches.
 > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/mauve-discuss/2004-q2/msg00050.html
 > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/mauve-discuss/2004-q2/msg00051.html

There are okay, I think.

 > I've requested a cvs account several times; but have not even
 > received the courtesy of a yes/no answer.

We should get you a CVS account.  However, your opinion that "its more
important to have people creating patches and moving the project
forward then to always have a 100% correct CVS" makes people worried.

 > Any suggestions on how to get this to move forward again? I have a
 > (graphical) redisign for the website here, I started some tests,
 > but all in all it just does not seem worth it if the reply-cycle is
 > this long.
 >
 > I'm just about ready to give up here..

You should get CVS access, I think, but of course you'll still need to
post patches here for pre-commit discussion.  Everybody does that.

There were problems with your patches. I fixed the problems by hand.
Please don't provide he ChangeLog as a diff: it won't apply anyway.  I
have committed both these patches.  Please check they're OK.

Andrew.

 $ patch -p0 < ~/zander.1
patching file `ChangeLog'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to ChangeLog.rej
patching file `gnu/testlet/java/beans/Introspector/jdk12.java'
patching file `gnu/testlet/java/security//AlgorithmParameterGenerator/MauveAlgorithm.java'
patching file `gnu/testlet/java/security//AlgorithmParameters/MauveAlgorithm.java'
patching file `gnu/testlet/java/security//KeyFactory/MauveAlgorithm.java'
patching file `gnu/testlet/java/security//KeyPairGenerator/MauveAlgorithm.java'

 $ patch -p0 < ~/zander.2
patching file `ChangeLog'
patch: **** malformed patch at line 91: Index: build.xml

* Re: patch committal.
@ 2004-05-02 15:05   ` Thomas Zander
From: Thomas Zander @ 2004-05-02 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

* Re: patch committal.
@ 2004-05-02 23:49     ` C. Brian Jones
From: C. Brian Jones @ 2004-05-02 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Zander; +Cc: mauve-discuss

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 11:04, Thomas Zander wrote:

> On Sunday 02 May 2004 14:49, Andrew Haley wrote:
> > Thomas Zander writes:
> >  > I've requested a cvs account several times; but have not even
> >  > received the courtesy of a yes/no answer.
> >
> > We should get you a CVS account.  However, your opinion that "its more
> > important to have people creating patches and moving the project
> > forward then to always have a 100% correct CVS" makes people worried.
>
> That statement was discussed and I learned that mauve does not have any
> sort of release cycle in which bugs can be fixed. Its 'released' as a
> final product in CVS on a daily basis, so to say.
> I agree that that takes a slightly different approach.
>
> > You should get CVS access, I think,
> That would be nice; anyone I can contact?
>
> > but of course you'll still need to
> > post patches here for pre-commit discussion.  Everybody does that.
> No problem, if you think that helps :-)
>
> > There were problems with your patches. I fixed the problems by hand.
> > Please don't provide he ChangeLog as a diff: it won't apply anyway.  I
> > have committed both these patches.  Please check they're OK.
>
> After a CVS update I indeed found no file to be modified anymore. Thanx!

Tom Tromey can get you access.  Mauve has a fairly relaxed commit
policy, basically adding/fixing tests good, changing anything else
requires discussion.

Brian

* Re: patch committal.
@ 2004-05-04 10:27     ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2004-05-04 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Zander; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Thomas Zander writes:

 > On Sunday 02 May 2004 14:49, Andrew Haley wrote:
 > > Thomas Zander writes:
 > >  > I've requested a cvs account several times; but have not even
 > >  > received the courtesy of a yes/no answer.
 > >
 > > We should get you a CVS account.  However, your opinion that "its more
 > > important to have people creating patches and moving the project
 > > forward then to always have a 100% correct CVS" makes people worried.
 >
 > That statement was discussed and I learned that mauve does not have
 > any sort of release cycle in which bugs can be fixed. Its
 > 'released' as a final product in CVS on a daily basis, so to say.
 > I agree that that takes a slightly different approach.

Cool.

 > > You should get CVS access, I think,
 > That would be nice; anyone I can contact?

Tromey should be listening, and AFAICR he holds the keys.  Tom, you
there?

 > > but of course you'll still need to
 > > post patches here for pre-commit discussion.  Everybody does that.
 > No problem, if you think that helps :-)

Oh yes.

Andrew.