* Binutils write access
@ 2023-08-09 16:21 Richard Ball
From: Richard Ball @ 2023-08-09 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Richard Sandiford

Could I please have my write access for account ricbal02@sourceware.org<mailto:ricbal02@sourceware.org> extended to include Binutils write access?

Sponsor is Richard Sandiford richard.sandiford@arm.com<mailto:richard.sandiford@arm.com>

Thanks in advance,
Richard Ball
Compiler Engineer
GNU Tools
CE - Software
Arm, 110 Fulbourn Rd, Cambridge CB1 9NJ
+44 (0) 7504247776

* Re: Binutils write access
@ 2023-08-09 22:34 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-08-09 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Ball via Overseers; +Cc: overseers, Richard Ball, Richard Sandiford

Hi Richard,

Please use admin-requests@sourceware.org instead of overseers next
time, it is a private list specifically for account issues.

On Wed, Aug 09, 2023 at 04:21:21PM +0000, Richard Ball via Overseers wrote:
> Could I please have my write access for account
> ricbal02@sourceware.org extended to include Binutils write access?
>
> Sponsor is Richard Sandiford richard.sandiford@arm.com

You have been added to the src group (for binutils-gdb) and you now
have Write After Approval for binutils. Please check
binutils/MAINTAINERS for commit rules.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Binutils write access
@ 2020-05-26 15:35   ` Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus
From: Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus @ 2020-05-26 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Andreas Krebbel

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:50:47AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 07:37:12AM +0200, Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >please provide me write access to the binutils repository.
> >
> >My sponsor is Andreas Krebbel.
>
> Apparently I didn't cc you somehow in this response:
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2020q2/017164.html

No problem.  Thanks for adding me!

Cheers,
Stefan

* Re: Binutils write access
@ 2020-05-26 14:50 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-05-26 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus; +Cc: overseers, Andreas Krebbel

@ 2020-05-26  5:37 Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus
From: Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus @ 2020-05-26  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Andreas Krebbel

Hi all,

please provide me write access to the binutils repository.

My sponsor is Andreas Krebbel.

Thanks!

@ 2020-05-18 19:59 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2020-05-18 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 09:12:13PM +0200, Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>please provide me write access to the binutils repository.
>
>My sponsor is Andreas Krebbel.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus

I've added stefansf to the binutils group.

* Binutils write access
@ 2020-05-18 19:12 Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus
From: Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus @ 2020-05-18 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Andreas Krebbel

@ 2017-05-16 14:42 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2017-05-16 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: overseers, Maxim Kuvyrkov, Yao Qi

Hi -

> I would like to request binutils git write access for Linaro patches management.

Done.

- FChE

* Re: Binutils write access
@ 2017-05-15 14:48 ` Maxim Kuvyrkov
From: Maxim Kuvyrkov @ 2017-05-15 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: overseers, Yao Qi

> On May 15, 2017, at 4:23 PM, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> Dead Sourceware Overseers,
>
> I would like to request binutils git write access for Linaro patches management.
> I already have write access to glibc repository and I would like to use the
> same ssh key if possible.
>
> Adhemerval Zanella.

FAOD, "Linaro patches management" means maintaining Linaro's vendor binutils branches.

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
www.linaro.org

* Binutils write access
@ 2017-05-15 13:23 Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2017-05-15 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Maxim Kuvyrkov, Yao Qi

Dead Sourceware Overseers,

I would like to request binutils git write access for Linaro patches management.
I already have write access to glibc repository and I would like to use the
same ssh key if possible.

Adhemerval Zanella.

* Re: binutils write access
@ 2016-03-08  1:48 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-03-08  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Saunders; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> Could you please give me write access to the binutils repository so
> binutils-gdb.git? [...]

Done.

- FChE

* binutils write access
@ 2016-03-08  1:14 Trevor Saunders
From: Trevor Saunders @ 2016-03-08  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

Could you please give me write access to the binutils repository so
binutils-gdb.git?  Nick Clifton approved me, and my existing user for
gcc.gnu.org is tbsaunde.

thanks!

Trev

* Re: Binutils write access
@ 2015-07-25  0:20 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2015-07-25  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Suchanek; +Cc: overseers, rdsandiford

Robert Suchanek <Robert.Suchanek@imgtec.com> writes:

> I currently have an account (rts@gcc.gnu.org) with the write access to
> GCC project, however, I would like to ask to extend the permission for
> Binutils.

Done.

Ian

* Binutils write access
@ 2015-07-24  7:56 Robert Suchanek
From: Robert Suchanek @ 2015-07-24  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: rdsandiford

Hi,

I currently have an account (rts@gcc.gnu.org) with the write access to GCC project, however, I would like to ask to extend the permission for Binutils.

I have already exchanged an email with Richard to approve the access.

Thanks and regards,
Robert

* Re: binutils write access
@ 2015-02-25 13:14               ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2015-02-25 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Endo; +Cc: overseers, Kaz Kojima, Nicholas Clifton

Oleg Endo <oleg.endo@t-online.de> writes:

> I'd like to get write access to the Binutils/GDB project on sourceware.
> I already do have an (write access enabled) account olegendo@gcc.gnu.org

I added you to the binutils and src groups on sourceware.

Ian

* Re: binutils write access
       [not found]           ` <54EC466B.5060902@redhat.com>
@ 2015-02-24 10:14             ` Oleg Endo
From: Oleg Endo @ 2015-02-24 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Kaz Kojima, Nicholas Clifton

Dear Sourceware Overseers,

I'd like to get write access to the Binutils/GDB project on sourceware.
I already do have an (write access enabled) account olegendo@gcc.gnu.org

See also the original thread:
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-02/msg00204.html

Thanks,
Oleg

On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 09:37 +0000, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> >> Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
> >> gcc.gnu.org for source control write access for some other project,
> >> then do not use this form. Instead send an email to the overseers mail
> >> account at this site telling what project you want write access to and
> >> who approved that access.
> >
> > I already do have an account at gcc.gnu.org (olegendo@gcc.gnu.org), i.e.
> > also write access to the GCC sources etc.  According to the page, I
> > should not fill out the form.  So who's going to help with this?
>
> OK, so just send an email to: overseers@sourceware.org asking for write
> access to the Binutils project.  You can say that both Kaz and I are
> recommending this, in case they want a referral.
>
> Cheers
>    Nick

* Re: binutils write access
@ 2011-11-29 20:06 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2011-11-29 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Andrew Pinski

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:49:39AM -0800, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>I already have an account on sourceware.org (for GCC) and was approved
>by Nick Clifton for write access for binutils.  Can someone activate
>write access for binutils for me?

I've added you to the src and binutils groups.

* binutils write access
@ 2011-11-29 19:49 Andrew Pinski

From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Somebody removed me from the list of people with write access to
binutils.  Could this be reversed?

* Re: binutils write access
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drepper; +Cc: overseers

   From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
   Date: 04 Apr 2000 13:36:01 -0700

   Somebody removed me from the list of people with write access to
   binutils.  Could this be reversed?

You are in the src group, so you should have access.  What are you
trying to do?  How is it failing?

Note that the binutils CVS repository moved a little while ago.  What
are you trying to check out?  The right command is
    cvs -d sourceware.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co binutils

Ian

* Re: binutils write access
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> writes:

> Note that the binutils CVS repository moved a little while ago.  What
> are you trying to check out?  The right command is
>     cvs -d sourceware.cygnus.com:/cvs/src co binutils

I think I tried this and it complained about not being able to write
to the logging file or so.  I'll retry it later.

* Re: binutils write access
@ 2000-04-04 13:59     ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2000-04-04 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers