* Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 3
@ 2014-08-12  5:28 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-08-12  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

It appears that the same jobs (upset and check-cygwin-mirrors) are being
run from both the cygwin@ and cygwin-admin@ crontabs simultaneously,
which is causing some conflicts.  I am fairly sure that they were only
in the latter when I started, and in any case I only have access to the
latter.  Could someone please check these and make sure that only the
cygwin-admin@ crontab has these?

TIA,

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Associate Software Engineer, ARM

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 3
@ 2014-08-12 15:53 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-08-12 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 2014-08-12 00:27, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> It appears that the same jobs (upset and check-cygwin-mirrors) are being
> run from both the cygwin@ and cygwin-admin@ crontabs simultaneously,
> which is causing some conflicts.  I am fairly sure that they were only
> in the latter when I started, and in any case I only have access to the
> latter.  Could someone please check these and make sure that only the
> cygwin-admin@ crontab has these?

There may also be jobs in the root crontab that are Cygwin related.
Could someone please check this as well; we want all Cygwin-specific
jobs in the cygwin-admin@ crontab so that we can manage them ourselves.

TIA,

--

@ 2014-08-12 18:29   ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2014-08-12 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaakov Selkowitz; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> There may also be jobs in the root crontab that are Cygwin related.
> Could someone please check this as well; we want all Cygwin-specific
> jobs in the cygwin-admin@ crontab so that we can manage them ourselves.

OK, commented out a few items from the root crontab, related to
cygwin/cleancache, chowning stuff under the ftp pub/cygwin directory,
and running cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir  .

- FChE

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 3
@ 2014-08-12 18:40     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-08-12 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 02:29:40PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>Yaakov wrote:
>> There may also be jobs in the root crontab that are Cygwin related.
>> Could someone please check this as well; we want all Cygwin-specific
>> jobs in the cygwin-admin@ crontab so that we can manage them ourselves.
>
>OK, commented out a few items from the root crontab, related to
>cygwin/cleancache, chowning stuff under the ftp pub/cygwin directory,
>and running cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir  .

The cleancache and mkpkgdir could likely be run by cygwin-owned crontab
but the chown part needs to still be there.  It changes ownership and
protection for files uploaded to the cygwin release directory by people
with login privileges to sourceware who update the release area by hand.

cgf

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 3
@ 2014-08-12 19:18     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-08-12 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: overseers

On 2014-08-12 13:29, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>> There may also be jobs in the root crontab that are Cygwin related.
>> Could someone please check this as well; we want all Cygwin-specific
>> jobs in the cygwin-admin@ crontab so that we can manage them ourselves.
>
> OK, commented out a few items from the root crontab, related to
> cygwin/cleancache, chowning stuff under the ftp pub/cygwin directory,
> and running cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir  .

Could you specify what jobs you commented out, because it sounds like
not all of those are in the cygwin-admin crontab yet.

--

@ 2014-08-13 13:18       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-13 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Aug 12 14:40, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 02:29:40PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> >Yaakov wrote:
> >> There may also be jobs in the root crontab that are Cygwin related.
> >> Could someone please check this as well; we want all Cygwin-specific
> >> jobs in the cygwin-admin@ crontab so that we can manage them ourselves.
> >
> >OK, commented out a few items from the root crontab, related to
> >cygwin/cleancache, chowning stuff under the ftp pub/cygwin directory,
> >and running cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir  .
>
> The cleancache and mkpkgdir could likely be run by cygwin-owned crontab
> but the chown part needs to still be there.  It changes ownership and
> protection for files uploaded to the cygwin release directory by people
> with login privileges to sourceware who update the release area by hand.

Could the chown be handled by some sudo magic?

Thanks,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 3
@ 2014-08-13 14:09         ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-08-13 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 03:18:02PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug 12 14:40, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >
>> >OK, commented out a few items from the root crontab, related to
>> >cygwin/cleancache, chowning stuff under the ftp pub/cygwin directory,
>> >and running cygwin-staging/mkpkgdir  .
>>
>> The cleancache and mkpkgdir could likely be run by cygwin-owned crontab
>> but the chown part needs to still be there.  It changes ownership and
>> protection for files uploaded to the cygwin release directory by people
>> with login privileges to sourceware who update the release area by hand.
>
>Could the chown be handled by some sudo magic?

No.

cgf

* Re: Cygwin infrastructure assistance, part 3
@ 2014-08-13 14:24           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-08-13 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers