* Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-25 20:01 Tony Poppleton
From: Tony Poppleton @ 2011-01-25 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

I am working on some GCC bug triage, and am unable to edit the "known
to fail/work" fields in Bugzilla, as well as modify the status of a
bug.

Can I request the appropriate permissions to change these fields?

Thanks,
Tony

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-26  5:05 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-01-26  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Poppleton; +Cc: overseers

Tony Poppleton <tony.poppleton@gmail.com> writes:

> I am working on some GCC bug triage, and am unable to edit the "known
> to fail/work" fields in Bugzilla, as well as modify the status of a
> bug.
>
> Can I request the appropriate permissions to change these fields?

Generally anybody with a @gcc.gnu.org address can change the fields of a
bug report.  The simplest route may be to ask the gcc maintainers to
sponsor you for a bugzilla account on gcc.gnu.org.  Then you can log
into bugzilla with that e-mail address.

Ian

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-26  6:54   ` Tony Poppleton
From: Tony Poppleton @ 2011-01-26  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Thanks Ian, a gcc.gnu.org email account would be great.

Which email list is appropriate to ask gcc maintainers for an account?

Thanks,
Tony

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> Tony Poppleton <tony.poppleton@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I am working on some GCC bug triage, and am unable to edit the "known
>> to fail/work" fields in Bugzilla, as well as modify the status of a
>> bug.
>>
>> Can I request the appropriate permissions to change these fields?
>
> Generally anybody with a @gcc.gnu.org address can change the fields of a
> bug report.  The simplest route may be to ask the gcc maintainers to
> sponsor you for a bugzilla account on gcc.gnu.org.  Then you can log
> into bugzilla with that e-mail address.
>
> Ian

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-26 14:10     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-01-26 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Poppleton; +Cc: overseers

Tony Poppleton <tony.poppleton@gmail.com> writes:

> Which email list is appropriate to ask gcc maintainers for an account?

gcc@gcc.gnu.org

Ian

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-31 12:20       ` Tony Poppleton
From: Tony Poppleton @ 2011-01-31 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

I wrote to this list a while ago requesting bugzilla permissions.  Ian
Lance Taylor kindly suggested I get a gnu account, which sounded like
a great plan.  However from discussions on the IRC chat, it seems that
you need to get a sponsor, and a sponsor generally requires that you
have proven yourself first by submitting some good patches to the
project.

Given that my main contribution was going to be bug triage in
bugzilla, rather than patches, I am in a kind of catch 22 on getting a
gnu account.  I also don't need the SVN write access.

Richard Guenther suggested an easier route would just be to get the
required bugzilla permissions, and that I should contact the bugzilla
maintainer to do so.

How do I go about contacting the bugzilla maintainer?

Many thanks,
Tony

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-31 18:55         ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-01-31 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Poppleton; +Cc: overseers

Tony Poppleton <tony.poppleton@gmail.com> writes:

> I wrote to this list a while ago requesting bugzilla permissions.  Ian
> Lance Taylor kindly suggested I get a gnu account, which sounded like
> a great plan.  However from discussions on the IRC chat, it seems that
> you need to get a sponsor, and a sponsor generally requires that you
> have proven yourself first by submitting some good patches to the
> project.
>
> Given that my main contribution was going to be bug triage in
> bugzilla, rather than patches, I am in a kind of catch 22 on getting a
> gnu account.  I also don't need the SVN write access.
>
> Richard Guenther suggested an easier route would just be to get the
> required bugzilla permissions, and that I should contact the bugzilla
> maintainer to do so.
>
> How do I go about contacting the bugzilla maintainer?

Sorry for the confusion which I accidentally instigated.  As I said in a
note I just sent to gcc@gcc.gnu.org, you should get a gcc maintainer to
sponsor you for bugzilla changes.

Thanks for your interest in gcc.

Ian

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-01-31 20:19           ` Tony Poppleton
From: Tony Poppleton @ 2011-01-31 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

> Sorry for the confusion which I accidentally instigated.  As I said in a
> note I just sent to gcc@gcc.gnu.org, you should get a gcc maintainer to
> sponsor you for bugzilla changes.
>
> Thanks for your interest in gcc.
>
> Ian

Thanks Ian, no need to apologize; you and Richard have both been very
helpful in getting me started.

However as an outsider to all the main contributing companies, I don't
see how I can get any of the gcc maintainers to sponsor me -
especially given the non-standard QA role I am trying to perform (i.e.
rather than a standard patch-submitting developer role).

I will ponder how to proceed.

Thanks again,
Tony

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-02-01  6:28             ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2011-02-01  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Poppleton; +Cc: overseers

Tony Poppleton <tony.poppleton@gmail.com> writes:

>> Sorry for the confusion which I accidentally instigated.  As I said in a
>> note I just sent to gcc@gcc.gnu.org, you should get a gcc maintainer to
>> sponsor you for bugzilla changes.
>>
>> Thanks for your interest in gcc.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Thanks Ian, no need to apologize; you and Richard have both been very
> helpful in getting me started.
>
> However as an outsider to all the main contributing companies, I don't
> see how I can get any of the gcc maintainers to sponsor me -
> especially given the non-standard QA role I am trying to perform (i.e.
> rather than a standard patch-submitting developer role).
>
> I will ponder how to proceed.

I went back and saw the message you sent to gcc@gcc.gnu.org earlier this
month.  It seems reasonable.  I went ahead and gave you bugzilla
privileges.  Please don't abuse them.  Thanks for your interest, and
sorry again for the confusion.

Ian

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2011-02-01  7:06               ` Tony Poppleton
From: Tony Poppleton @ 2011-02-01  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

> I went back and saw the message you sent to gcc@gcc.gnu.org earlier this
> month.  It seems reasonable.  I went ahead and gave you bugzilla
> privileges.  Please don't abuse them.  Thanks for your interest, and
> sorry again for the confusion.
>
> Ian

Thank you very much indeed, that is much appreciated.

You have been very welcoming and gone out of your way to help, so thanks again.

Tony

* Bugzilla permissions
@ 2016-05-20  2:10 Cary Coutant
From: Cary Coutant @ 2016-05-20  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I wanted to claim a bug (PR debug/70578) that should have been
assigned to me, but found that I lack the necessary permission
(editbugs?). Can you grant me the necessary permissions, please?

I'm logging in as ccoutant@gmail.com. I've tried logging in as
ccoutant@gcc.gnu.org, but the password I had saved in my keychain
doesn't work, and a password reset doesn't do anything. I'm not sure
if I have the proper set of permissions on that account or not. Which
account *should* I be using? Or are they essentially the same?

My gcc.gnu.org account used to forward to ccoutant@google.com, but
when I retired, I changed it to forward to my gmail.com account. I
don't recall having any problems with permissions while using the
google.com login.

-cary

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2016-05-20  2:03   ` Cary Coutant
From: Cary Coutant @ 2016-05-20  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

Thanks, but now I seem to have been logged out of bugzilla, and my
password doesn't work anymore. I tried the forgot password link, but
have not received any email in response.

-cary

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
> Hi, Gary -
>
>> [...] As the gold maintainer, what permissions should
>> I have? Can you grant them to me?
>
> You have editbugs back now.  We had to turn them off-by-default due to
> recent vandalism.
>
> - FChE

* Re: Bugzilla permissions
@ 2016-05-20  1:50 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2016-05-20  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cary Coutant; +Cc: overseers

@ 2016-05-20  1:47 Cary Coutant
From: Cary Coutant @ 2016-05-20  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I have a bug in UNCONFIRMED state, and it won't let me change the
state to anything but RESOLVED. Apparently I lack the permission to
confirm bugs. In fact, the "Permissions" tab on my bugzilla
preferences is blank. As the gold maintainer, what permissions should