public inbox for sid@sourceware.org
* arm7t and the BL thumb instruction?
@ 2003-05-05 14:53 Brandon Warhurst
From: Brandon Warhurst @ 2003-05-05 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sid

Here is the problem I'm having:  As I step through ARM code I successfully switch from ARM mode to Thumb mode.  However, my first instruction is a BL <someaddress> instruction.  I have stepped through SID watching this instruction execute.  Everything appears fine except that just as I should be executing the instruction, I look at the structure which contains the offset that the BL instruction contained and everything appears to be zero.  This leads to the instruction which executes the branch, however, it just branches to the next instruction, which is obviously wrong unless someaddress points to the next instruction (which it does not in my case).

Here's the question:  Is the BL instruction fully implemented?

bpw.