* Re: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-15 17:52 Mike Clarkson
From: Mike Clarkson @ 2001-07-15 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

At 05:16 PM 7/1/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm having a bit of trouble installing source navigator 5 on my redhat box.
>The compile fails because I don't have Tix version 4.1.8.1 installed, but
>instead have version 4.1.0.6-53 installed.

Any version of Tix from 4.1.0.6 up should probably work with SN, because there
were no incompatable changes introduced as it went from 4.1.0.6 to 8.1.1.

>I have tried  the tix website (somewhere on the sourceforge site), but can't
>see this version, only version 8 and above.  Has anyone got any suggestions
>to get round this?

If you are building Tcl from sources (I guess 8.1.x for SN), build Tix from
source
too (tix 8.1.1 from http://tix.sourceforge.net ), and rename the resulting
library file to whatever the SN build procedure is looking for - if it's
looking for libtix4181.a, then rename it to that.  Tix should work the same
no matter what it's called, and
more recent versions have more bug fixes.

Mike.

* Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-01  9:19 Tom Davis
From: Tom Davis @ 2001-07-01  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing source navigator 5 on my redhat box.
The compile fails because I don't have Tix version 4.1.8.1 installed, but
instead have version 4.1.0.6-53 installed.

I have tried  the tix website (somewhere on the sourceforge site), but can't
see this version, only version 8 and above.  Has anyone got any suggestions
to get round this?

I would be happy to send some more information should you need it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Davis