* Re: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-15 17:52 Mike Clarkson
From: Mike Clarkson @ 2001-07-15 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

At 05:16 PM 7/1/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm having a bit of trouble installing source navigator 5 on my redhat box.
>The compile fails because I don't have Tix version 4.1.8.1 installed, but
>instead have version 4.1.0.6-53 installed.

Any version of Tix from 4.1.0.6 up should probably work with SN, because there
were no incompatable changes introduced as it went from 4.1.0.6 to 8.1.1.

>I have tried  the tix website (somewhere on the sourceforge site), but can't
>see this version, only version 8 and above.  Has anyone got any suggestions
>to get round this?

If you are building Tcl from sources (I guess 8.1.x for SN), build Tix from
source
too (tix 8.1.1 from http://tix.sourceforge.net ), and rename the resulting
library file to whatever the SN build procedure is looking for - if it's
looking for libtix4181.a, then rename it to that.  Tix should work the same
no matter what it's called, and
more recent versions have more bug fixes.

Mike.

* Re: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-16 10:56 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-16 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Mike Clarkson wrote:

> At 05:16 PM 7/1/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm having a bit of trouble installing source navigator 5 on my redhat box.
> >The compile fails because I don't have Tix version 4.1.8.1 installed, but
> >instead have version 4.1.0.6-53 installed.
>
> Any version of Tix from 4.1.0.6 up should probably work with SN, because there
> were no incompatable changes introduced as it went from 4.1.0.6 to 8.1.1.
>
> >I have tried  the tix website (somewhere on the sourceforge site), but can't
> >see this version, only version 8 and above.  Has anyone got any suggestions
> >to get round this?
>
> If you are building Tcl from sources (I guess 8.1.x for SN), build Tix from
> source
> too (tix 8.1.1 from http://tix.sourceforge.net ), and rename the resulting
> library file to whatever the SN build procedure is looking for - if it's
> looking for libtix4181.a, then rename it to that.  Tix should work the same
> no matter what it's called, and
> more recent versions have more bug fixes.
>
> Mike.

The Source-Navigator source download comes with all the
required software already bundled. There is no need to
download anything else from other sites.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc

* RE: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-03 15:27     ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-03 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Berek Half-hand wrote:

<Bunch of stuff in HTML>

Note the section on plain text posts:

http://sources.redhat.com/sourcenav/mail.html

Mo

* RE: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-03 14:44   ` Berek Half-hand
From: Berek Half-hand @ 2001-07-03 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, sourcenav

Title:

Mo, just started work at Unisphere Networks in Westford Mass.
Code base at old place of work was all C++. Lots of parser and xref problems;
you probably remember some of my email. New job all JAVA. Dbimp croaks, can't
build xref, etc. My experience with SN is that it can't parse or build xref's
for anything but the simplest of standard C code bases. It doesn't parse C++ or
Java in any of the last three places I've worked at. And no, I can't let you
have any of the code bases (they don't belong to me). No, I can't afford to pay
Redstone to fix these problems (I paid $500 for SN 4.5.1 one month before it
went public domain, and I sort of figured bug fixing and maintenance were part
of what I paid for). No, I can't fix these problems myself; I spend all of my
time (50-60 hrs/week) bringing home a paycheck.
So...instead of talking about code base search and replace, why
doesn't someone at RedHat fix some of these serious problems? I haven't been
able to get an xref of any code base in any language (except a simple std C grep
I wrote years ago) for over three years. Pardon my frustration, but I really
wish I had my money back. Any chance of that?

-----Original
Message----- From: sourcenav-owner@sources.redhat.com [ mailto:sourcenav-owner@sources.redhat.com ]On
Behalf Of Mo DeJong Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 3:17 PM To:
sourcenav@sources.redhat.com Subject: Re: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat
7.1 On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Tom Davis wrote: >
Hello, > > I'm having a bit of trouble installing source navigator 5
on my redhat box.  > The compile fails because I don't have Tix
version 4.1.8.1 installed, but > instead have version 4.1.0.6-53
installed. > > I have tried  the tix website (somewhere on the
sourceforge site), but can't > see this version, only version 8 and
above.  Has anyone got any suggestions > to get round
this? This should not matter. SN builds itself with all the needed
software in the tree. When you download the source code, all the needed
packages are included. Mo

* Re: Source Navigator 5 and Red Hat 7.1
@ 2001-07-03 12:17 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2001-07-03 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

@ 2001-07-01  9:19 Tom Davis
From: Tom Davis @ 2001-07-01  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sourcenav

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing source navigator 5 on my redhat box.
The compile fails because I don't have Tix version 4.1.8.1 installed, but
instead have version 4.1.0.6-53 installed.

I have tried  the tix website (somewhere on the sourceforge site), but can't
see this version, only version 8 and above.  Has anyone got any suggestions
to get round this?

I would be happy to send some more information should you need it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Davis