* RE: Summary of nightly testing 20061016 (failed to retrieve return  value location)
@ 2006-10-18 19:46 Nguyen, Thang P
From: Nguyen, Thang P @ 2006-10-18 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Cohen; +Cc: systemtap

Ok.  thanks for the info...

Thang

-----Original Message-----
From: systemtap-owner@sourceware.org
[mailto:systemtap-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of William Cohen
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:26 PM
To: Nguyen, Thang P
Cc: systemtap@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Summary of nightly testing 20061016 (failed to retrieve
return value location)

Nguyen, Thang P wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Sorry for the confusion.  The test I used
>
> ./testsuite/systemtap.samples/tcptest.exp (tcptest.stp)
>
> Occasionally it fails due to TCP traffic, but not "$return" error.
>

> Thang

The problem is due to shared libraries. Need to set up so looks for
shared
libraries in when running the tests. Below demonstrates the problem.

$
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/wcohen/systemtap_write/obj/lib-elfutils:/home/wcoh
en/systemtap_write/obj/lib-elfutils/systemtap:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  ./stap ../src/testsuite/systemtap.samples/tcptest.stp

Okay the following works:

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/wcohen/systemtap_write/intall2/lib/systemtap
./stap
../src/testsuite/systemtap.samples/tcptest.stp

This does not work:

$  ./stap ../src/testsuite/systemtap.samples/tcptest.stp semantic error:
failed
to retrieve return value location: identifier '$return' at
/home/wcohen/systemtap_write/intall2/share/systemtap/tapset/tcp.stp:129:
9
semantic error: failed to retrieve return value location: identifier
'$return'
at
/home/wcohen/systemtap_write/intall2/share/systemtap/tapset/tcp.stp:159:
9
[...]
Pass 2: analysis failed.  Try again with more '-v' (verbose) options.

-Will

* RE: Summary of nightly testing 20061016 (failed to retrieve return value location)
@ 2006-10-18 15:41 Nguyen, Thang P
                   ` (2 more replies)

From: Nguyen, Thang P @ 2006-10-18 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Cohen, systemtap