public inbox for xconq7@sourceware.org
* Map-related deja-vu
@ 2004-10-01  0:19 Lincoln Peters
From: Lincoln Peters @ 2004-10-01  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xconq list

I just had the weirdest thing happen when I was testing knightmare.g.
Although the module is set up to produce a new random map every time I
load it, the last time I ran it, it produced a map that, as far as I can
tell, is identical to a map it produced when I was testing a few days
ago, down to the layout of independent units!

Since the world-size is set to 240x120 (circumference 1440), I would
think that the chance of getting the exact same map twice would be
astronomically low.  Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior?
Could it be a bug in Xconq?  Is it more likely a bug in my computer's
random-number generator?  Or should I consider it to be a sign and buy a
pair of lottery tickets?

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln@sbcglobal.net>