public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* strange "a la m32r" comment in cgen-dis.in
@ 2002-12-11 11:55 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2002-12-11 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fche; +Cc: cgen, binutils

I don't understand the "possibly modified" part of this comment.

cgen-dis.in:
  /* Fill in ex_info fields like read_insn would.  Don't actually call
     read_insn, since the incoming buffer is already read (and possibly
     modified a la m32r).  */

Can you elaborate?

A pointer to the place that possibly modifies the incoming buffer
is sufficient.  My poor eyes can't find it.

* Re: strange "a la m32r" comment in cgen-dis.in
@ 2002-12-11 12:11 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-12-11 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: cgen, binutils

Hi -

dje wrote:
> I don't understand the "possibly modified" part of this comment.
> cgen-dis.in:
>   /* Fill in ex_info fields like read_insn would.  Don't actually call
>      read_insn, since the incoming buffer is already read (and possibly
>      modified a la m32r).  */
> Can you elaborate? [...]

I suspect I was referring to the modifications of buf[]
in cgen/cpu/m32r.opc (my_print_insn).

- FChE

* Re: strange "a la m32r" comment in cgen-dis.in
@ 2002-12-11 12:53   ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2002-12-11 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: cgen, binutils

Frank Ch. Eigler writes:
 > Hi -
 >
 > dje wrote:
 > > I don't understand the "possibly modified" part of this comment.
 > > cgen-dis.in:
 > >   /* Fill in ex_info fields like read_insn would.  Don't actually call
 > >      read_insn, since the incoming buffer is already read (and possibly
 > >      modified a la m32r).  */
 > > Can you elaborate? [...]
 >
 > I suspect I was referring to the modifications of buf[]
 > in cgen/cpu/m32r.opc (my_print_insn).

Ah.  It's not the buffer that's modified but the pointer.
This is in response to the bug created when read_insn got added.
I'll clean this up.