public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Attn maintainer: python-paramiko
@ 2022-01-23 22:17 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-01-23 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Michael,

can you please add the python39

$ cygcheck -cd |grep paramiko
python36-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
python37-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
python38-paramiko                          2.7.2-0

and please avoid the usage of revision 0

Regards
Marco

* Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko
@ 2022-01-27  4:18 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-01-27  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 23.01.2022 23:17, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Michael,
>
> can you please add the python39
>
> $ cygcheck -cd |grep paramiko
> python36-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
> python37-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
> python38-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
>
> and please avoid the usage of revision 0
>
> Regards
> Marco

Michael,
let me know if I should upload for you

@ 2022-11-02 20:04   ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-11-02 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hello Michael, Marco,

any update for paramiko and Python 3.9? I'd like to update duplicity that depends on the
paramiko lib and because the default Python is 3.9 I hit the wall.

Also I do not see the paramiko in the GIT repositories
(https://www.cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?a=project_list;pf=git/cygwin-packages) nor
the https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/python-paramiko-src.html does not mention the GIT
repo at all.

Is the package orphaned? If yes, I'd be happy to take over. (btw how package becames
orphaned?) I think the same case will be the python-nacl and python-bcrypt

Regards,
Libor

Dne 27.01.2022 v 5:18 Marco Atzeri napsal(a):
> On 23.01.2022 23:17, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>> can you please add the python39
>>
>> $ cygcheck -cd |grep paramiko
>> python36-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
>> python37-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
>> python38-paramiko                          2.7.2-0
>>
>> and please avoid the usage of revision 0
>>
>> Regards
>> Marco
>
> Michael,
> let me know if I should upload for you
>

> Regards
> Marco

* How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-11-04 12:34     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-11-04 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Libor Ukropec, cygwin-apps

On 02/11/2022 20:04, Libor Ukropec wrote:
> Hello Michael, Marco,
>
> any update for paramiko and Python 3.9? I'd like to update duplicity
> that depends on the paramiko lib and because the default Python is 3.9 I
> hit the wall.
>
> Also I do not see the paramiko in the GIT repositories
> (https://www.cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?a=project_list;pf=git/cygwin-packages) nor the https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/python-paramiko-src.html does not mention the GIT repo at all.
>
> Is the package orphaned? If yes, I'd be happy to take over. (btw how
> package becames orphaned?) I think the same case will be the python-nacl
> and python-bcrypt

Yeah, we could probably do with a clearer policy on that. There are two
cases:

The first is simple: A package can become orphaned by it's maintainer
announcing that they are orphaning it, or retiring.

The second is not so clear: A package is orphaned if it's maintainer
is not responsive to queries as to if they still want to be the
maintainer of the package.

It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should wait
for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed here is
more than enough!

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-11-04 13:05       ` Chad Dougherty
From: Chad Dougherty @ 2022-11-04 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, Libor Ukropec, cygwin-apps

On 2022-11-04 08:34, Jon Turney wrote:
> The second is not so clear: A package is orphaned if it's maintainer
> is not responsive to queries as to if they still want to be the
> maintainer of the package.
>
> It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should wait
> for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed here is
> more than enough!

If the prospective adopter is also proposing an update that addresses
security vulnerabilities in the old package, I suggest that that, and
the severity and impact of those vulnerabilities be factored into the
timeout decision.

--
     -Chad

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-11-15 18:47         ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-11-15 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dne 04.11.2022 v 14:05 Chad Dougherty napsal(a):
> On 2022-11-04 08:34, Jon Turney wrote:
>> The second is not so clear: A package is orphaned if it's maintainer
>> is not responsive to queries as to if they still want to be the maintainer of the package.
>>
>> It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should wait for a response,
>> but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed here is more than enough!
>>

> If the prospective adopter is also proposing an update that addresses security
> vulnerabilities in the old package, I suggest that that, and the severity and impact of
> those vulnerabilities be factored into the timeout decision.

What I do not want to do is the violent take over, so I gave some time to the original
owner of the python-paramiko to respond. I created a bug on  github.com almost 2 weeks ago
and so far no reaction: https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1

So I'd like to ask for ITA for his several packages, BUT:

the cygport is executing in "src_test" some python tests that in the end requires some
python packages not available as cygwin packages (typing_extensions, mock, pytest-mock,
may be others).

So should I
a) remove the test? (this is not my preference)
or
b) specify/execute in the cygport `pip3 install pkg1 pkg2 ...` - I'd expect that executing
any stuff in the cygport is not allowed (and I do not want to trigger 'misuse alarm')

and additional question - how do I execute scallywag "before" the ITA is approved and git
repo created? Can/should I use 'playground' branch for another package that I already
maintain?

I do not see guide on cygwin.com is explaining this.

Thank you,
Libor

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-11-16 11:52           ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2022-11-16 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 15/11/2022 um 19:47 schrieb Libor Ukropec:
> Dne 04.11.2022 v 14:05 Chad Dougherty napsal(a):
>> On 2022-11-04 08:34, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> The second is not so clear: A package is orphaned if it's maintainer
>>> is not responsive to queries as to if they still want to be the
>>> maintainer of the package.
>>>
>>> It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should
>>> wait for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed
>>> here is more than enough!
>>>

>> If the prospective adopter is also proposing an update that addresses
>> security vulnerabilities in the old package, I suggest that that, and
>> the severity and impact of those vulnerabilities be factored into the
>> timeout decision.
>>
> What I do not want to do is the violent take over, so I gave some time
> to the original owner of the python-paramiko to respond. I created a
> bug on  github.com almost 2 weeks ago and so far no reaction:
> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
As a general comment, I'd like to point out that "almost 2 weeks" is
even less than someone's holiday time may be...

@ 2022-11-17 10:24             ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-11-17 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dne 16.11.2022 v 12:52 Thomas Wolff napsal(a):

>> What I do not want to do is the violent take over, so I gave some time to the original
>> owner of the python-paramiko to respond. I created a bug on  github.com almost 2 weeks
>> ago and so far no reaction: https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
> As a general comment, I'd like to point out that "almost 2 weeks" is even less than
> someone's holiday time may be...

See above in the thread - author did not react here on cygwin for months. What I did, I've
found the author on GitHub and contacted him there as well.

 >>Jon Turney: It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should wait
for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed here is more than enough!

>> the cygport is executing in "src_test" some python tests that in the end requires some
>> python packages not available as cygwin packages (typing_extensions, mock, pytest-mock,
>> may be others).
>>
>> So should I
>> a) remove the test? (this is not my preference)
>> or
>> b) specify/execute in the cygport `pip3 install pkg1 pkg2 ...` - I'd expect that
>> executing any stuff in the cygport is not allowed (and I do not want to trigger 'misuse
>> alarm')

Any advice to this?

>> and additional question - how do I execute scallywag "before" the ITA is approved and
>> git repo created? Can/should I use 'playground' branch for another package that I
>> already maintain?
>>
>> I do not see guide on cygwin.com is explaining this.
and this?

@ 2022-11-17 18:32               ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2022-11-17 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 11:24:38 +0100, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>>> the cygport is executing in "src_test" some python tests that in the end requires some
>>> python packages not available as cygwin packages (typing_extensions, mock, pytest-mock,
>>> may be others).
>>> So should I
>>> a) remove the test? (this is not my preference)
>>> or
>>> b) specify/execute in the cygport `pip3 install pkg1 pkg2 ...` - I'd expect that
>>> executing any stuff in the cygport is not allowed (and I do not want to trigger 'misuse
>>> alarm')

> Any advice to this?

Check for cygport python*.cygclass src_test or other overrides.
Then, check that the pip3 install ... and cygport ... check work on your local
system.
Finally, add to src_test prefixed with verbose to ensure logging and visibility,
and check that works as expected.

>>> and additional question - how do I execute scallywag "before" the ITA is approved and
>>> git repo created? Can/should I use 'playground' branch for another package that I
>>> already maintain?
>>> I do not see guide on cygwin.com is explaining this.

> and this?

If the git/cygwin-packages/PKG.git repo already exists, you can force push to
the playground branch of that repo, otherwise you have to force push to the
playground branch of the git/cygwin-packages/playground repo. See:

	https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis			Calgary, Alberta, Canada

La perfection est atteinte			Perfection is achieved
non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter	not when there is no more to add
mais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer	but when there is no more to cut
			-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-12-01 19:41               ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-12-01 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, Libor Ukropec

On 17/11/2022 10:24, Libor Ukropec wrote:
> Dne 16.11.2022 v 12:52 Thomas Wolff napsal(a):
>>
>>> What I do not want to do is the violent take over, so I gave some
>>> time to the original owner of the python-paramiko to respond. I
>>> created a bug on  github.com almost 2 weeks ago and so far no
>>> reaction: https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>> As a general comment, I'd like to point out that "almost 2 weeks" is
>> even less than someone's holiday time may be...
>
> See above in the thread - author did not react here on cygwin for
> months. What I did, I've found the author on GitHub and contacted him
> there as well.
>
>  >>Jon Turney: It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long
> we should wait for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's
> elapsed here is more than enough!

Yeah, 10 months is not 2 weeks.

Libor, I've given you maintainer-ship of python-paramiko.

If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.

Sorry for taking so long over this.

I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his
packages.

>>> the cygport is executing in "src_test" some python tests that in the
>>> end requires some python packages not available as cygwin packages
>>> (typing_extensions, mock, pytest-mock, may be others).
>>>
>>> So should I
>>> a) remove the test? (this is not my preference)
>>> or
>>> b) specify/execute in the cygport `pip3 install pkg1 pkg2 ...` - I'd
>>> expect that executing any stuff in the cygport is not allowed (and I
>>> do not want to trigger 'misuse alarm')
>
> Any advice to this?

I think BUILD_REQUIRES should include any src_test requirements.

I'll try to document that more clearly.

>>> and additional question - how do I execute scallywag "before" the ITA
>>> is approved and git repo created? Can/should I use 'playground'
>>> branch for another package that I already maintain?
>>>
>>> I do not see guide on cygwin.com is explaining this.
> and this?

You can always use the 'playground' repository for any tests or experiments.

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-12-01 19:41         ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-12-01 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Dougherty, cygwin-apps

On 04/11/2022 13:05, Chad Dougherty wrote:
> On 2022-11-04 08:34, Jon Turney wrote:
>> The second is not so clear: A package is orphaned if it's maintainer
>> is not responsive to queries as to if they still want to be the
>> maintainer of the package.
>>
>> It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should
>> wait for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed
>> here is more than enough!
>
> If the prospective adopter is also proposing an update that addresses
> security vulnerabilities in the old package, I suggest that that, and
> the severity and impact of those vulnerabilities be factored into the
> timeout decision.

Well, maybe.

I think a common way for distros to handle this is to have some subset
of maintainers who are allowed to make NMUs for these "important" updates.

The problem is we don't really have the concept of an NMU currently,
although this is (again) due to accidents of history, rather than by design.

The current upload policy is:
- Only the maintainer for a package maintainer is allowed to upload that
package.
- If a package is orphaned (has no maintainer), there are some "trusted"
maintainers who are allowed to upload it.

I'm kind of inclined to relax that a bit, although I'm not sure what to.

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-12-01 20:02           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2022-12-01 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon Turney writes:
> The current upload policy is:
> - Only the maintainer for a package maintainer is allowed to upload
>   that package.
> - If a package is orphaned (has no maintainer), there are some
>   "trusted" maintainers who are allowed to upload it.
>
> I'm kind of inclined to relax that a bit, although I'm not sure what to.

Given that any maintainer can push to the playground branch, we could
either use that directly for someone(tm) to merge that branch into main
and thus trigger the publishing / upload or create a separate NMU branch
for the same purpose.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-12-01 20:18                 ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-12-01 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dne 01.12.2022 v 20:41 Jon Turney napsal(a):

>>> As a general comment, I'd like to point out that "almost 2 weeks" is even less than
>>> someone's holiday time may be...
>>
>> See above in the thread - author did not react here on cygwin for months. What I did,
>> I've found the author on GitHub and contacted him there as well.
>>
>>  >>Jon Turney: It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how long we should wait
>> for a response, but I think that the ~10 months that's elapsed here is more than enough!
>
> Yeah, 10 months is not 2 weeks.
>
> Libor, I've given you maintainer-ship of python-paramiko.

Jon,

I did not ask for it officially yet (quite busy and had issues with duplicity that depends
on the paramiko itself, so I intentionally waited if something happens).

 > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.

I wanted that.

> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>
> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his packages.
I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1

The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask for their
ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not make sense.

If Michael Wild by any chance responds and still would like to maintain those packages,
I'll be happy to return them :)

Thx!

@ 2022-12-02  8:20                   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-12-02  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 01.12.2022 21:18, Libor Ukropec wrote:
> Dne 01.12.2022 v 20:41 Jon Turney napsal(a):

>>> See above in the thread - author did not react here on cygwin for
>>> months. What I did, I've found the author on GitHub and contacted him
>>> there as well.
>>>
>>>  >>Jon Turney: It's undefined how many times we should ping, or how
>>> long we should wait for a response, but I think that the ~10 months
>>> that's elapsed here is more than enough!
>>
>> Yeah, 10 months is not 2 weeks.
>>
>> Libor, I've given you maintainer-ship of python-paramiko.
>
> Jon,
>
> I did not ask for it officially yet (quite busy and had issues with
> duplicity that depends on the paramiko itself, so I intentionally waited
> if something happens).
>
>  >
>  > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.
>
> I wanted that.
>

>> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>>
>> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his
>> packages.
> I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>
> The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask
> for their ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not
> make sense.
>
> If Michael Wild by any chance responds and still would like to maintain
> those packages, I'll be happy to return them :)

you can ITA  python-nacl

there is little to do for python-bcrypt as newer versions require rust
and we have no compiler for it.

Regards
Marco

* Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko)
@ 2022-12-05 20:54                   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-12-05 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Libor Ukropec, cygwin-apps

On 01/12/2022 20:18, Libor Ukropec wrote:
> Dne 01.12.2022 v 20:41 Jon Turney napsal(a):
>> On 17/11/2022 10:24, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>  >
>  > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.
>
> I wanted that.
>

>> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>>
>> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his
>> packages.
> I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>
> The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask
> for their ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not
> make sense.

I've given you maintainer-ship of these as well (Marco is a
co-maintainer of python-bcrypt).

I've run my ctm2git tool [1] to generate the packaging git repos for
python-paramiko and python-nacl with history, which I try to remember to
do for package adoptions, when it doesn't already exist. Let me know if
you'd like those removed.

(I didn't run if for bcrypt in case Marco doesn't want that)

[1] https://github.com/jon-turney/ctm2git (but it's totally janky, so
you're better off just asking me to run it :))

@ 2022-12-05 23:07                     ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-12-05 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dne 02.12.2022 v 9:20 Marco Atzeri napsal(a):
> On 01.12.2022 21:18, Libor Ukropec wrote:

>>> Yeah, 10 months is not 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> Libor, I've given you maintainer-ship of python-paramiko.
>>
>> Jon,
>>
>> I did not ask for it officially yet (quite busy and had issues with duplicity that
>> depends on the paramiko itself, so I intentionally waited if something happens).
>>
>>  >
>>  > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.
>>
>> I wanted that.
>>

>>> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>>>
>>> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his packages.
>> I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
>> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>>
>> The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask for their
>> ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not make sense.
>>
>> If Michael Wild by any chance responds and still would like to maintain those packages,
>> I'll be happy to return them :)
>>

> you can ITA  python-nacl
>
> there is little to do for python-bcrypt as newer versions require rust and we have no
> compiler for it.

Yes, I learned that 3.2.0 is the last we can support in Cygwin.
I didn't notice that bcrypt is also for Python 3.9 (becuase nacl wasn't and all was in
paramiko repository). In this case, I'm unblocked.

Regards,
Libor

@ 2022-12-06  0:07                     ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2022-12-06  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dne 05.12.2022 v 21:54 Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps napsal(a):
> On 01/12/2022 20:18, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>> Dne 01.12.2022 v 20:41 Jon Turney napsal(a):
>>> On 17/11/2022 10:24, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>>  >
>>  > If that's not what the desired outcome here, please let me know.
>>
>> I wanted that.
>>

>>> Sorry for taking so long over this.
>>>
>>> I guess somebody should ping Michael Wild to ask about the rest of his packages.
>> I already did that 29 days ago, no response yet
>> https://github.com/wildmichael/cygwin/issues/1
>>
>> The paramiko depends on python-bcrypt and python-nacl so I'd like to ask for their
>> ownership too, otherwise the ownership for paramiko does not make sense.
>
> I've given you maintainer-ship of these as well (Marco is a co-maintainer of python-bcrypt).

thanks, python-nacl already in playground, tests are passing.
I wanted to ask for ITA, but didn't find a time for it, I hope it is not a big problem
from the process view and also the other developers.

> I've run my ctm2git tool [1] to generate the packaging git repos for python-paramiko and
> python-nacl with history, which I try to remember to do for package adoptions, when it
> doesn't already exist. Let me know if you'd like those removed.
no need to remove, always good to have track of history from which it has derived

> (I didn't run if for bcrypt in case Marco doesn't want that)
it seems it is not necessary, as bcrypt is the latest we can support (3.2.0) and Python
3.9 is supported too.

python-paramiko seems to have more issues to solve, for now I'm disabling the python tests

Thank you,
Libor

> [1] https://github.com/jon-turney/ctm2git (but it's totally janky, so you're better off
> just asking me to run it :))
>
>> If Michael Wild by any chance responds and still would like to maintain those packages,
>> I'll be happy to return them :)

* Trusted maintainers (was: Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko))
@ 2023-05-09 20:16           ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-05-09 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 01/12/2022 19:41, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 04/11/2022 13:05, Chad Dougherty wrote:
>> On 2022-11-04 08:34, Jon Turney wrote:
[...]
> Well, maybe.
>
> I think a common way for distros to handle this is to have some subset
> of maintainers who are allowed to make NMUs for these "important" updates.
>
> The problem is we don't really have the concept of an NMU currently,
> although this is (again) due to accidents of history, rather than by
> design.
>
> The current upload policy is:
> - Only the maintainer for a package maintainer is allowed to upload that
> package.
> - If a package is orphaned (has no maintainer), there are some "trusted"
> maintainers who are allowed to upload it.
>
> I'm kind of inclined to relax that a bit, although I'm not sure what to.

I've cleaned-up a lot of the inconsistencies around the abilities of
"trusted" maintainers.

They can already modify the package maintainer database to handle ITPs,
package orphaning, adoption and removal.

They should now be permitted to upload, git push, deploy, vault, etc.
all packages (orphaned or not), as if they were the package maintainer.

Entrusted with these strange superpowers, the following god-like beings
walk unknown amongst us:

Achim Gratz
Corinna Vinschen
Ken Brown
Marco Atzeri

(as a note, they can already do all the above, and more, by virtue of
having cygwin group shell access on sourceware, but I don't consider
that a pre-requisite for the future)

* Re: Trusted maintainers (was: Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko))
@ 2023-05-11 13:57             ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2023-05-11 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> Entrusted with these strange superpowers, the following god-like beings
> walk unknown amongst us:
>
> Achim Gratz
> Corinna Vinschen
> Ken Brown
> Marco Atzeri

Hippos! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/

* Re: Trusted maintainers (was: Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko))
@ 2023-05-13 10:18               ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2023-05-13 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11.05.2023 15:57, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> Entrusted with these strange superpowers, the following god-like beings
>> walk unknown amongst us:
>>
>> Achim Gratz
>> Corinna Vinschen
>> Ken Brown
>> Marco Atzeri
>
> Hippos! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/

I have the impression that Jon is also in the list

another Hippo please for all the work he is doing on the infrastructure
of the Cygwin project.

Marco

* Re: Trusted maintainers (was: Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko))
@ 2023-05-30 13:39                 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2023-05-30 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On 11.05.2023 15:57, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> >> Entrusted with these strange superpowers, the following god-like beings
> >> walk unknown amongst us:
> >>
> >> Achim Gratz
> >> Corinna Vinschen
> >> Ken Brown
> >> Marco Atzeri
> >
> > Hippos! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/
> >

> I have the impression that Jon is also in the list
>
> another Hippo please for all the work he is doing on the infrastructure
> of the Cygwin project.
>
> Marco

Awarded! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#JTy

* Re: Trusted maintainers (was: Re: How does a package become orphaned? (was Re: Attn maintainer: python-paramiko))
@ 2023-06-06  8:12                 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2023-06-06  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On May 13 12:18, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 11.05.2023 15:57, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> > > Entrusted with these strange superpowers, the following god-like beings
> > > walk unknown amongst us:
> > >
> > > Achim Gratz
> > > Corinna Vinschen
> > > Ken Brown
> > > Marco Atzeri
> >
> > Hippos! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/
> >

> I have the impression that Jon is also in the list

Hehe.

> another Hippo please for all the work he is doing on the infrastructure
> of the Cygwin project.

I second that and it already occured, fortunately.

But here's a strange thought...

Would it make sense to document this somewhere, like, say, on
the cygwin website?  Or did this already happen?

Thanks,
Corinna