* [ECOS] RedBoot
@ 2001-12-26 23:07 satish s mantri
From: satish s mantri @ 2001-12-26 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

sir,
I am presently working on ecos (synthetic linux).I want to install RedBoot on i386 how do i proceed.
Thanks
Satish

* Re: Re: [ECOS] redboot
@ 2007-11-19 14:33 Syed Ismail
From: Syed Ismail @ 2007-11-19 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 Gary Thomas wrote :
> Syed Ismail wrote:
> > Hi
> > I Am working on redboot. I want to call a few defined
> functions like do_fconfig();  do_exec(); in source code
>  as soon as redboot prompt comes up. Where do i do this
> and What are the command line arguements to pass.
> >
> Your question is a bit vague.  Are you asking how to
> execute a set of
> commands
> automatically when RedBoot comes up?  If so, look at
> startup scripts.
>
> --
> Gary Thomas

 I am in quite a mess,(hardware), actually. Please bear with me. I know i can execute any commands by writing a startup/boot script. I want to call it from code. for example, the command "version" is executed as do_version(0,0); in cyg_start().
         Similarly i want to call two fuctions, "do_load()" and "do_exec()" here. Can you please tell me the command line arguements to pass for these functions. I am just trying to skip a more messy problem by doing this. pl help.
                                         Thank You

* [ECOS] redboot
@ 2007-11-19 11:56 Syed Ismail
From: Syed Ismail @ 2007-11-19 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
I Am working on redboot. I want to call a few defined functions like do_fconfig();  do_exec(); in source code  as soon as redboot prompt comes up. Where do i do this and What are the command line arguements to pass.
                                                Thank You

* Re: Re: [ECOS] Redboot
@ 2007-11-12 11:31 Syed Ismail
From: Syed Ismail @ 2007-11-12 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 Andrew Lunn wrote :
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 08:38:52AM -0000, Syed Ismail
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >   When i run redboot on my custom board, i get the
> following message.
> >
> > **Warning** FLASH configuration checksum error or
> invalid key
> > Use 'fconfig -i' to [re]initialize database
> >
> > fis list gives this
> > Name              FLASH addr  Mem addr    Length
> Entry point
> > ReReoooococoigig  0xF000F000  0xF000F000  0x10001000
> 0x00000000
> >

> > What could be the issue. Could it be flash device
> incompatibility. Please help.
>
> Did you notice that Redboot says this:
>
> Use 'fconfig -i' to [re]initialize database
>
> What happens when you do this?
>
> You may also want to try
>
> fis init
>
> The RedBoot manual is:
>
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/redboot/redboot-g-
> uide.html
>
>      Andrew
Hi
 I found that redboot configuration does not get written into flash properly. So, the checksum error. For example, config key1 0BADFACE gets written as FACEFACE. Where could be the issue.

* [ECOS] Redboot
@ 2007-11-12  8:40 Syed Ismail
From: Syed Ismail @ 2007-11-12  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2007-11-01 12:16 Syed Ismail
From: Syed Ismail @ 2007-11-01 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
1)  When i build redboot, i get a warning-
BFD: /home/ismail/ecos/ecos-2.0/tools/bin/nov1-0_install/bin/redboot.img: warning: allocated section `.bss' not in segment.
This is what i have in .ldi file.
MEMORY
{
    ram : ORIGIN = 0x80000000, LENGTH = 0x1000000
    rom : ORIGIN = 0xA0000000, LENGTH = 0x100000
}
SECTIONS
{
    SECTIONS_BEGIN
    SECTION_rom_vectors (rom, 0xA0000000, LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_text (rom, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_fini (rom, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_rodata (rom, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_rodata1 (rom, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_fixup (rom, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_gcc_except_table (rom, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_fixed_vectors (ram, 0x80000020, LMA_EQ_VMA)
    SECTION_data (ram, 0x80008000, FOLLOWING (.gcc_except_table))
    SECTION_bss (ram, ALIGN (0x4), LMA_EQ_VMA)
    CYG_LABEL_DEFN(__heap1) = ALIGN (0x8);
    SECTIONS_END
}

2) I came to know execution starts from hal_platform_setup.h which is assembly lang. Will any changes here get reflected in the built .bin file. Maybe this is a crazy quesstion? I ask bcoz i tried to toggle a pin by writing code here. But none of the code i inserted gets included in the built .bin file. (It is not execution problem. The extra code isnt included). Please help.
                                           Ismail

* [ECOS] RedBoot
@ 2005-05-20  9:11 Yuriy V.
From: Yuriy V. @ 2005-05-20  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Plz can anybody tell me what is CYGHWR_REDBOOT_ARM_TRAMPOLINE_ADDRESS
in redboot_linux_exec.c

Regards,
Yuriy

* [ECOS] redboot
@ 2003-04-18 16:59 rameshs
From: rameshs @ 2003-04-18 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
       I installed a redboot image in tqm850 board.I have a problem in
downloading an application using
Redboot load command through x modem or y modem.If i download an application
image with x modem it is currepting the image .It means it is not loading
the correct image.
      I used the following commad.
              load -r -v -m xmodem -b 0x40000.

      If any one knows give information about why the loaded image is
currpting.I used only the ram image.

Thank You,
S.Ramesh Chandra.

* RE: [ECOS] RedBoot
@ 2001-12-26 23:11 Gustav Kälvesten
From: Gustav Kälvesten @ 2001-12-26 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'satish s mantri', ecos-discuss

I guess you start with reading the documentation. Have a look at e.g.:
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/x86pc.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/pcmobo.html

But RedBoot for Synthetic Linux target doesn't make sense for me. Why would you need a boot strapper?

- Gustav

* [ECOS] redboot
@ 2001-05-07 23:16 mekala natarajan
From: mekala natarajan @ 2001-05-07 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I applied the patch which was sent yesterday.
Still i face the same problem.

Mr.Anthony, are you able to do ethernet debugging
after adding the patch.

RedBoot> go 20000
$T04thread:00000000;40:00004e20;01:000055f4;#53$T04thread:00000000;40:00004e20;0
1:000055f4;#53$T04thread:00000000;40:00004e20;01:000055f4;#53$T04thread:00000000
;40:00004e20;01:000055f4;#53

mekala

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

* Re: [ECOS] RedBoot
@ 2001-04-20 10:02 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2001-04-20 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > I initially single-stepped through the first for loop and the board
>hung.
> > Then I read the very detailed comment before which explicitly says not
>to do
> > this.  So I re-ran the application and stepped over it and it still hung
>the
> > board.  I tried to set a breakpoint at the next function call after
> > hal_if_init(), and the board still hangs before hitting the breakpoint.
> >
> > Is there something I should look at or try?
>
>Setting a breakpoint much further in the initialization, like cyg_start.

Are you talking about setting it in stubrom.c or in vectors.S?  Is there a
way to view the assembly source files?  When I start Insight and load my
.img file, I am only able to browse .c and .cxx files.  Do I need to use the
console to set the breakpoint in the .S file?

I have set a breakpoint in my cyg_user_start() routine and found that it
never got to that point.  I was getting the unreadable output that I
mentioned before after the "Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space"
message.  And then the board just seemed to be hung.

Thanks.

* [ECOS] RedBoot
@ 2001-04-19 17:24 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2001-04-19 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am able to open my mbx.img file and download it to the target.

I have found that Insight hangs in the function hal_if_init() in
\common\hal_if.c.

Could you help me out as to what may be causing this problem?

Thanks.

* [ECOS] RedBoot
@ 2001-04-19 16:19 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2001-04-19 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am trying to download code using GDB/Insight with my MBX860 target running
RedBoot.  I am a little confused as to the sequence of the commands I need
to use.  What I am doing is in Insight I use Run->Connect to Target.  I then
connect via Remote/TCP using the IP address and port 9000.  I get a
successfully connected message.

What do I do next to run my code on the target?

Do I use the .img file or .srec file?

Thanks.

[parent not found: <XFMail.20001218160541.gthomas@redhat.com>]
[parent not found: <002001c0712a$89dad900$0200a8c0@cts.com>]
[parent not found: <00c601c07037$36ec1e50$0200a8c0@cts.com>]
[parent not found: <003f01c06d3b$50b4ad10$0200a8c0@cts.com>]
* RE: [ECOS] Redboot
@ 2000-12-15  5:54 Doug Fraser
From: Doug Fraser @ 2000-12-15  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Anthony Massa', 'eCos (E-mail)'

Hello Anthony,

One thing I would try, is convert the srec to pure binary.
Then use plh to load it into RAM at a known location.
To do this, run 'env' first, and set the load address.
For example, set it to 10000 hex.

then, assuming that you have set up your ip (niot),
and that the binary image is in /tmp/redboot.bin,

plh 20 0 /tmp/redboot.bin

You will now have the image in RAM at 10000 hex.
The length will be reported from plh when it completes.
(it reports in decimal) Assuming that it is 20000 hex bytes long,

pflash 10000 30000 fc000000

That should do it. Then power off, switch J4 to select the block
you just programmed, and power up.

(I am assuming a general knowledge of MBX and EPPC-Bug here)

Perhaps Bill Gatliff can add some details off line.
He is also working with an MBX board, and has dealt with
much of this already. Bill????

cheers

Doug

* [ECOS] Redboot
@ 2000-12-09 14:46 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2000-12-09 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos

@ 2000-11-07  7:06 Jörg Rapka
From: Jörg Rapka @ 2000-11-07  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear ecos developer

I'm very interested in the redboot of ecos.
I have downloaded the latest version from CVS.
In the sources I found the information, that
not only download by TFTP but also xyzmodem
will be supported (the documentation only
references TFTP). I compiled the sources
and tried download by xyzmodem, but it did
not work so well.
What is the status of this implementation?
What was your terminal application and protocol
used during development tests?

Best regards, Joerg