* [ECOS] Nested Interrupts.
@ 2000-09-11  0:03 Sandeep Rikhi
From: Sandeep Rikhi @ 2000-09-11  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion Gp.

Sir,
 In case an interrupt has occured and we are in the ISR part of it.
Suppose at the same time a high priority interrupt ( say a
reset) occurs... what would be the situation then? Do we leave the current
ISR and switch over to new interrupt ( high priority ). If it is so, what
was the effect of disabling the interrupts?
        Sandeep Rikhi
        GET-GCPE Group.
        Switching Division B1,
        C-DOT, B'lore
        Ph: (080) 2263399 ext:205/217,2250009,2282119

* [ECOS] nested interrupts
@ 2001-01-17 23:51 Xavier Wang
From: Xavier Wang @ 2001-01-17 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I got confused about nested interrupts. In
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/porting/hal-interrupts.html
it seems that interrupts are disabled in ISRs, but enabled in DSRs.
But Hugo's description in the same page said that higher priority
interrupts are enabled before calling ISR. Which is true for nested
interrupts? If it's the former, should I rewrite the 'hal_cpu_int_enable'
macro used in hal_interrupt_stack_call_pending_DSRs (in vector.S)
to enable only higher priority interrupts? If it's the latter, what should
I do to support nested interrupts? (I'm using TX39/JMR3904 platform,
eCos version 1.3.1)

Besides, by looking into the source code, it seems that if there is any
pending DSRs, no thread will be run. So can a high priority thread be
blocked by a low priority interrupt (DSR)? Will it introduce some
problems for a real-time application?

Thanks.