* sources.redhat.com downtime
@ 2003-01-16 22:57 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-01-16 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos discussion; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

It's not much warning, but it's just been revealed that the long promised
upgrade of sources.redhat.com will take place this coming Saturday at:

10am PST
  1pm EST
  6pm GMT
  7pm CET

and no doubt other timezones :-).

It will probably not return until Sunday morning. At a minimum it will be
three hours if everything goes well, but don't count on it. If it's not
up, it's not up.

All services will be off-line at that point: no cvs, web, ftp, or mailing
lists. We can't even hear you scream ;-).

It's definitely worth it as it will be a move to a much newer, faster and
larger machine.

That should make for a quiet weekend :).

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] sources.redhat.com downtime
@ 2003-01-17  6:31 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-17  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos discussion, eCos Maintainers

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:57:06PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>It's not much warning,

I would have given more, if I could.

>but it's just been revealed that the long promised upgrade of
>sources.redhat.com will take place this coming Saturday at:
>
>10am PST
> 1pm EST
> 6pm GMT
> 7pm CET
>
>and no doubt other timezones :-).
>
>It will probably not return until Sunday morning. At a minimum it will be
>three hours if everything goes well, but don't count on it. If it's not
>up, it's not up.
>
>All services will be off-line at that point: no cvs, web, ftp, or mailing
>lists. We can't even hear you scream ;-).
>
>It's definitely worth it as it will be a move to a much newer, faster and
>larger machine.

And one with a lot more net bandwidth, too.  It's better in every way.

Now, if *that* doesn't jinx me, nothing will.

>That should make for a quiet weekend :).

For some people, maybe.  :-)

cgf

* RE: [ECOS] sources.redhat.com downtime
@ 2003-01-17 20:34 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2003-01-17 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.org', Jonathan Larmour
  Cc: eCos discussion, eCos Maintainers

Are they going to upgrade the cvs server to a new version of cvs also?

I remember the current one has an annoying bug when making diff (If i
remember correctly...)

--
Fabrice Gautier,
Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com