public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Arjen Markus <arjen.markus895@gmail.com>
To: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig@netcologne.de>
Cc: Roland Hughes <roland@logikalsolutions.com>,
	 "fortran@gcc.gnu.org" <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: F77 indexed file support
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 06:32:46 +0100	[thread overview]

I have never worked much with VAXes, but I do remember that VAX used a file
system where you made a new version of a file and the older versions were
automatically kept. I guess that is the purpose of the INDEXED
organisation. It is not so much a limitation of gfortran that it does not
support this, but a consequence of the operating system's completely
different view on files and file management.

Regards,

Arjen