* gcc
@ 2022-11-03 14:56 Jason Bloom
From: Jason Bloom @ 2022-11-03 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc

Hi Gcc,

Would you like to communicate with all participants enrolled in the "Athletic Business Show 2022"?

If so, please let me know so that I can assist you in obtaining a list of participants.

Best,

Jason Bloom

Event Analyst

* gcc
@ 2023-02-28 12:55 Octavia Bennett
From: Octavia Bennett @ 2023-02-28 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc

Hi Gcc,

Would you be interested in reaching out all the registered attendees from "ITB Berlin 2023"

Any interest? Let me know for more information and the discounted cost to acquire the list.

Regards,
Octavia Bennett
Business Analyst

* gcc
@ 2021-11-26  9:24 Claire Carter
From: Claire Carter @ 2021-11-26  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gcc

Hi Team Gcc,

Hope it all goes well! I am writing to verify if you would like to obtain the list of participants/visitors?

WindEurope Electric City 2021

Let us know if you are interested and we will come back with the discount fee and other deliverables.

Regards,
Claire Carter
Senior Business Analyst

* Gcc
@ 2021-07-22  4:31 Alice Matthews
From: Alice Matthews @ 2021-07-22  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am following up to confirm if you are interested in acquiring the Visitors/Registrants List.

WESTEC Exhibition
21 - 23 Sep 2021
Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, USA
Registrants Counts: 3,000

Each record of the list contains: Contact Name, Email Address, Company Name, URL/Website, Phone No, Title/Designation.

Currently the best way to grow your business is through digital. This list will help you pass information about your organization and products directly and digitally to the buyer. This list will help you to acquire many potential clients/leads.

If you are interested in acquiring the list, we can provide you the cost and additional details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,
Alice Matthews
Business Analyst
If you don't want to hear from me again Please unsub

* Gcc
@ 2021-07-14 19:25 Wendy Bonner
From: Wendy Bonner @ 2021-07-14 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am following up to confirm if you are interested in acquiring the Visitors/Registrants List.

AeroDef Manufacturing
Long Beach, USA
Registrants Counts: 4,850

Each record of the list contains: Contact Name, Email Address, Company Name, URL/Website, Phone No, Title/Designation.

Currently the best way to grow your business is through digital. This list will help you pass information about your organization and products directly and digitally to the buyer. This list will help you to acquire many potential clients/leads.

If you are interested in acquiring the list, we can provide you the cost and additional details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,
Wendy Bonner

@ 2020-11-07 18:08 Simon Liu
From: Simon Liu @ 2020-11-07 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

(If you are NOT CEO, please kindly forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please ignore it. Thanks)Dear CEO,This email is from China domain name registration center. On November 8, 2020, we received an application from Hongxin Ltd requested "gcc" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names (gcc.cn, gcc.com.cn, gcc.net.cn, gcc.org.cn). But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your business partner in China?  Best Regards
Simon Liu   Service & Operations Manager

China Registry (Head Office)

Tel: +86-02161918696

Fax: +86-02161918697

Mob: +86-13816428671

6012, Xingdi Building, No. 1698 Yishan Road, Shanghai 201103, China

This email contains privileged and confidential information intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email and inform the sender immediately. We appreciate you respecting the confidentiality of this information by not disclosing or using the information in this email.

* Gcc
@ 2019-12-16  8:50 Isabella Kathryn
From: Isabella Kathryn @ 2019-12-16  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am following up to confirm if you are interested in acquiring the Visitors List.
The Trophex Show 2020
Birmingham, UK
12 - 13 Jan 2020
Counts: 2,183

Let me know if you are interested so that I can provide you the cost and additional details.

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Isabella Kathryn- Business Analyst

* Re: gcc
@ 2012-06-07 12:27 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-06-07 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jai singh; +Cc: gcc-help

On 7 June 2012 10:36, jai singh wrote:
> mail me free GCC IDE latest version

GCC is not an IDE, it's just a compiler which can be used by an IDE.

Noone will mail it to you (especially because you haven't said what
type of computer you need it for) but you can download GCC for
yourself, see http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

There are lots of IDEs to choose from, depeding on which languages and
environments you intend to use, but you will not get them from here.

* gcc
@ 2012-06-07  9:36 jai singh
From: jai singh @ 2012-06-07  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

mail me free GCC IDE latest version

* Re: GCC
@ 2011-08-29 16:32   ` Philip Herron
From: Philip Herron @ 2011-08-29 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Brown; +Cc: gcc-help

On 29 August 2011 10:20, David Brown <david@westcontrol.com> wrote:
> On 29/08/2011 10:44, emil johansson wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>> I have some problems building GCC. I get more than 500 errors. Why?
>> I'm using Microsoft Windows Vista.
>> Help needed :)
>>

> You clearly don't have much experience at this sort of thing, or you would
> know that for anyone to help you with building gcc here, you would need to
> give lots more information (what version of gcc?  What compiler/version are
> you using to build it?  What configuration?  What error messages? etc.,
> etc.).
>
> Unless you have some overwhelming reason for building gcc on Vista, I simply
> would not bother.  Download a pre-built binary and use that.  If you are
> looking for a native gcc, use <http://www.mingw.org>.  If you are looking
> for a cross-platform gcc of some sort, there are pre-built binaries for most
> targets - ask google, or give more information when asking here.

You can also try cygwin http://www.cygwin.com/ i had some good
experience with it where i used to work.

If you gave us more details on your "errors" i am sure we can help but
if your on windows using mingw or cygwin are your best bet so give
them a while they each have plenty of documentation and user bases to
help you i am sure.

--Phil

* Re: GCC
@ 2011-08-29  9:29 ` David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2011-08-29  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 29/08/2011 10:44, emil johansson wrote:
> Hello!
> I have some problems building GCC. I get more than 500 errors. Why?
> I'm using Microsoft Windows Vista.
> Help needed :)

You clearly don't have much experience at this sort of thing, or you
would know that for anyone to help you with building gcc here, you would
need to give lots more information (what version of gcc?  What
compiler/version are you using to build it?  What configuration?  What
error messages? etc., etc.).

Unless you have some overwhelming reason for building gcc on Vista, I
simply would not bother.  Download a pre-built binary and use that.  If
you are looking for a native gcc, use <http://www.mingw.org>.  If you
are looking for a cross-platform gcc of some sort, there are pre-built
binaries for most targets - ask google, or give more information when
asking here.

* GCC
@ 2011-08-29  8:44 emil johansson
From: emil johansson @ 2011-08-29  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2008-10-10 10:24 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2008-10-10 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jair Santos; +Cc: gcc-help

Jair Santos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install freeradius on RedHat Entreprise 5.2, 64 bits.
>
> I guess I am getting the following error because the compiler/linker  is not
> getting the proper readline 64.

There's something wrong with the build script.  It's forcing the use of
/usr/lib but the libraries you want are in /usr/lib64.

Andrew.

* gcc
@ 2008-10-09 21:38 Jair Santos
From: Jair Santos @ 2008-10-09 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I am trying to install freeradius on RedHat Entreprise 5.2, 64 bits.

I guess I am getting the following error because the compiler/linker  is not
getting the proper readline 64.

gmake[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src/main'
/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/libtool --mode=link gcc   -o radmin
radmin.lo /usr/lib/libreadline.so /usr/lib/libtermcap.so
/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src/lib/libfreeradius-radius.la util.lo
log.lo conffile.lo -lnsl -lresolv  -lpthread -lreadline -ltermcap
gcc -o .libs/radmin .libs/radmin.o /usr/lib/libreadline.so
/usr/lib/libtermcap.so .libs/util.o .libs/log.o .libs/conffile.o
/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src/lib/.libs/libfreeradius-radius.so -lnsl
-lresolv -lpthread -lreadline -ltermcap  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[4]: *** [radmin] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src/main'
gmake[3]: *** [common] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1/src'
gmake[1]: *** [common] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/freeradius-server-2.1.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@maui freeradius-server-2.1.1]#

I do have the lib in my system

lib64]# ls -al librea*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 456380 Jul 12  2006 libreadline.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 Sep  2 17:07 libreadline.so ->
libreadline.so.5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Sep  2 17:00 libreadline.so.5 ->
libreadline.so.5.1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 247160 Jul 12  2006 libreadline.so.5.1
[root@maui lib64]#

Can you help me with this ?

Jair Santos

* gcc
@ 2006-06-03 10:24 Gunnar Sjoo
From: Gunnar Sjoo @ 2006-06-03 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I've got a Mandrake 10.1 operative system and I am trying to learn the
language C. However, compiling my source code seems impossible, attempts only
result in the message "command not found" on the screen. Info gcc results in
the same message.
      There exists a branch in the directory
tree:  /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandrake-gnu/3.4.1/cc1
where cc1 is en executable file which does something, although not compiling.
The directory gcc contains nothing but the subdirectory i586-mandrake-gnu and
my guess is, that the directory 3.4.1 has something to do with version 3.4.1
of gcc. Can anybody tell me, why my attempts to compile are such a failure?
Gunnar Sjoo

--
-----    PROMOCJA - 180 dni gratis!    -----
   12GB powierzhchni, konta e-mail b.o.,

* Re: GCC
@ 2004-09-22 12:48 ` Ishwar Rattan
From: Ishwar Rattan @ 2004-09-22 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Gray; +Cc: gcc-help

Talk to your instructor..

-ishwar

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Drew Gray wrote:

> I have mac OS X 10.3.5 and I am taking a Computer Science class for the
> first time...
> We are programming in Unix and C, so i use the terminal to access the
> vi editor.
> How do I use GCC and do I already have it on my computer, when I type a
> GCC command vi says command not found.
> Thanks for your help?

* GCC
@ 2004-09-22  4:27 Drew Gray
From: Drew Gray @ 2004-09-22  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2004-03-26  1:12 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-03-26  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frostflare, gcc-help

Hi frostflare,

Are you using the latest CygWin deliverable version of GCC?

Do you have all the CygWin components installed?  If not, are you missing
any necessary components?

Did you realize that it is <stdio.h>, not <Stdio.h>?  (Shouldn't matter, in
this case, on this platform.)

What is your GCC command line you used to compile your code sample?

Thanks,
--Eljay

* gcc
@ 2004-03-25 23:13 frostflare
From: frostflare @ 2004-03-25 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Here my problem i can't compile this program at gcc on
cygwin.
It show me this message.

/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/ccOgyy6e.o: In function
`main':
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/ccOgyy6e.o(.text+0x14):
undefined reference to `printf
'
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/ccOgyy6e.o(.text+0x1c):
undefined reference to `printf
'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

And this is the ode of the program that i am trying to
compile. A simple program just to test it.

#include<Stdio.h>
main ()
{
printf("Ola");
printf("Oi");
}
__gccmain()
{
}

exit()
{
  while(1);
}

atexit()
{
  while(1);
}

What is happening? How i fix it?

AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/

* Re: gcc
@ 2004-03-25 19:13 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2004-03-25 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frostflare; +Cc: gcc-help

"frostflare" <frostflare@bol.com.br> writes:

> I am trying to compile a C program at gcc on cygwin.
[snip]

Please post a small but complete example of source code which is
    sufficient to reproduce the problem. Without that, anyone trying
    to help you will be reduced to floundering in the dark.

* gcc
@ 2004-03-25 19:12 frostflare
From: frostflare @ 2004-03-25 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am trying to compile a C program at gcc on cygwin.
But it show this message:

/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/cceqPRHH.o: In function
`main':
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/cceqPRHH.o(.text+0x24):
undefined reference to `clrscr
'
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/cceqPRHH.o(.text+0x2c):
undefined reference to `printf
'
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS2/TEMP/cceqPRHH.o(.text+0x34):

@ 2004-03-24 22:32 ` Ken Foskey
From: Ken Foskey @ 2004-03-24 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 01:13, faltat@ibest.com.br wrote:
> I am compiling C programs with gcc on cygwin. And it show this problem:
>
> /ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o: In function `main':
> /ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o(.text+0x24): undefined reference to `clrscr'
> /ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `printf'
> /ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o(.text+0x34): undefined reference to `printf'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> What is happening? How i fix it?

Don't know cannot guess.  Perhaps the command line that caused this
might help us understand what is happening.

--
Thanks
KenF

* gcc
@ 2004-03-24 15:05 faltat
From: faltat @ 2004-03-24 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am compiling C programs with gcc on cygwin. And it show this problem:

/ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o: In function `main':
/ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o(.text+0x24): undefined reference to `clrscr'
/ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `printf'
/ecos-c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccMydBah.o(.text+0x34): undefined reference to `printf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What is happening? How i fix it?

* iBest. Internet grátis com qualidade de internet paga.

Clique abaixo para conectar-se à internet gratuitamente:
http://discador.ibest.com.br/mail.html

* Re: GCC
@ 2004-03-24  4:23 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2004-03-24  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: faltat, gcc-help

Hi,

You should upgrade to a current version of GCC, installable via CygWin
SETUP.EXE installer.

HTH,.
--Eljay

* GCC
@ 2004-03-24  2:44 faltat
From: faltat @ 2004-03-24  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi.
I have problems to compile C program with gcc on cygwin. When theC program use some fucntion that use his librarie like printf() (stdio.h) it show this message.

In file included from /usr/local/arm/bin/oi.c:1:
/usr/local/arm/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/include/stdio.h:190: arguments given t
o macro `getchar'

Can somebody help me?

@ 2003-12-16 14:14 Jerry Lyle
From: Jerry Lyle @ 2003-12-16 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have two SUN machines one running SunOS 5.6 and another running SunOS
4.1.3.1.  They were configured to run F77 and cc from a floating
license, but that license is disappearing because the users are moving
to RedHat.  Can you tell me which gcc to download and how to install on
the respective machines?

Thank You,
Jerry Lyle

* Re: gcc
@ 2003-09-04 23:42 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2003-09-04 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rich Franczak, gcc-help

Hi Rich,

I programmed on PickOS / PickBASIC about 10 years ago at EMPI.  Memories...

Anyway, with Cygwin, you need to make sure you've selected all the developement packages in the 'dev' (or is it 'devel'?) section.

With the Cygwin SETUP, you can select additional packages to install (or uninstall), so don't feel like you wasted time installing the default packages.

The GCC package is NOT installed by default.

HTH,
--Eljay

PS: this isn't quite the right forum for this kind of issue.  This is more of a GCC-centric issues, and the one you have is a Cygwin issue.  But I don't mind.  Cygwin is excellent.  Almost makes WinNT useful.

* gcc
@ 2003-09-04 20:55 Rich Franczak
From: Rich Franczak @ 2003-09-04 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I just downloaded and installed cygwin, where is gcc, where do I get it
and how do I run it?, I am a systems analyst by profession with a little
Unix knowledge, I used to program in DATA/BASIC on the PICK operating
system (for 22 years) .so programming is not new to me but this
is..Help...............Rich

* Re: gcc
@ 2003-04-02  0:42       ` Segher Boessenkool
From: Segher Boessenkool @ 2003-04-02  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthieu Moy; +Cc: Stuart Longland, Arash Farmand, gcc-help

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> If the program ends properly, I  think the output *has* to be flushed,

Yes.  If main() returns or exit() is called, all open streams are
closed; if an open stream is closed, it is flushed.

> That's why its generally  a good advice to put "\n" at  the end of any
> debug/test output.

Note that (on typical Unix-like systems) only stderr is line buffered
by default; stdout is block buffered.  This means that a '\n' char
is not enough to flush stdout; either explicitly call fflush() or
use setbuf() or setvbuf().

Segher

* Re: gcc
@ 2003-03-31 13:28     ` Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2003-03-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stuart Longland; +Cc: Arash Farmand, gcc-help

Stuart Longland <stuartl@longlandclan.hopto.org> writes:

> Not sure about it not appearing at all.  I think it would appear when
> the program ends, but then again, I may be wrong.

If the program ends properly, I  think the output *has* to be flushed,
(At least,  it does in  most cases) but  for example, if  your program
makes a segfault,  you will probably loose the  contents of the output
buffer.

in

printf("Hello\n");
f();
printf("world");
g();

if the output  is just "Hello", and segmentation  fault, the crash may
have occured in f() or g() ...

@ 2003-03-31  8:09   ` Stuart Longland
From: Stuart Longland @ 2003-03-31  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arash Farmand; +Cc: gcc-help

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> You'd better use "Hello world!\n", because the IO are usually buffered
> by your system, and will not appear until your process outputs a '\n'.

All the \n does is outputs a new line, so rather than the program doing
this:

[someuser@aunixmachine ~] $ ./a.out
Hello world![someuser@aunixmachine ~] $ _

it will put the newline on the end of the string, making it look like this:

[someuser@aunixmachine ~] $ ./a.out
Hello world!
[someuser@aunixmachine ~] $ _

Not sure about it not appearing at all.  I think it would appear when
the program ends, but then again, I may be wrong.

> But  the solution is  to call  ./a.out, or  to add  '.' to  your $PATH
> environment variable :
>
> PATH=${PATH}:.
> export PATH
>
> using  bash. (Type  it once  in every  new shell,  or put  it  in your
> ~/.bashrc file.)

Actually, if you've got root access, you can add the following line to
your /etc/profile, or as above, your ~/.bashrc file:

export PATH="$PATH:."

> BTW, forget about kwrite : you should use Emacs or vi ;-)

	Actually, gVim may not be such a bad idea.  It's vi, but has a
graphical frontend with menus, etc.  Emacs, yeah, I've used it, not bad,
but I've become a vim person myself.  Also, there's PICO (a really basic
editor), or Jed (quite a nice tool).

	Nothing wrong with kwrite, it isn't too bad to use.  Basically, use
anything you like, just make sure it spits the file out as plaintext
(nothing like MS Word formatting characters to add to the compiller
messages and mangle your code).
- --
| Stuart Longland           stuartl at longlandclan.hopto.org |
| Brisbane Mesh Node: 719             http://stuartl.cjb.net/ |
| I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |
| Griffith Student No:           Course: Bachelor/IT @ Nathan |

* Re: gcc
@ 2003-03-31  7:31 ` Matthieu Moy
From: Matthieu Moy @ 2003-03-31  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arash Farmand; +Cc: gcc-help

@ 2003-03-31  7:19 Dockeen
From: Dockeen @ 2003-03-31  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Note that, by default, Unix does *not* look for executables
in your current directory, so, as the previous poster pointed
out:

./a.out

tells it to run a.out, and by golly, its right here in the
current directory.

Wayne

p.s. When I first started doing this stuff, I hurt my finger
pointing at the screen and yelling - "It's right there you
idiot!", boy do I feel silly about that now.

;-)

* Re: gcc
@ 2003-03-31  2:28 ` Andre Kirchner
From: Andre Kirchner @ 2003-03-31  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arash Farmand, gcc-help

Hi,

try

./a.out

Andre

--- Arash Farmand <arashfarmand@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Platform:       Mandrake Linux 9.0 Standard Edition
> gcc version:    3.2

> I wrote this simple C program (using Kwrite) called
> test.c and I left a carriage return after the last
> bracket:
>
> #include<stdio.h>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>    printf("Hello world!");
>    return(0);
> }

> In the Gnome terminal, I compiled using the basic
> gcc
> test.c command which created the file a.out. In the
> same directory of a.out, I typed "a.out" from the
> Gnome terminal and got the following message:
> "bash: a.out: command not found"
> Any suggestions?

http://platinum.yahoo.com

* gcc
@ 2003-03-31  1:45 Arash Farmand
From: Arash Farmand @ 2003-03-31  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

@ 2003-03-31  0:58 ` LLeweLLyn Reese
From: LLeweLLyn Reese @ 2003-03-31  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arash Farmand; +Cc: gcc-help

"Arash Farmand" <arashfarmand@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have gcc version 3.2 that I'm running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 standard
> edition.
> After compiling a simple C program, I run the executable a.out but
> there is never

(Shot in the dark ... )

How do you run it?

Until you start writing programs that draw windows, do *not* run them
    using the 'Run' menu option in either KDE or Gnome - that will
    cause the output to be redirected to somewhere you'll never find.

Instead, start a terminal (xterm, kterm, gterm, footerm, it doesn't
    matter) and run it from the command line.

> any output to the console. Not even a simple "Hello world" program
> shows its output.
> Any suggestions?

Yes. In the future, when posting here (or any other help forum) give a
    short piece of example code, your platform (at least you provided
    that : ) and a description of how you ran it.

* Re: gcc
@ 2003-03-30 15:50 ` Bharathi S
From: Bharathi S @ 2003-03-30 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arash Farmand; +Cc: gcc-help

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Arash Farmand wrote:

> After compiling a simple C program, I run the executable a.out but
> there is never any output to the console. Not even a simple "Hello
> world" program shows its output.

  Any error messages ?  Try ./a.out

--
Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team,  (__)
DON Lab,      TeNeT Group,  oo )

* gcc
@ 2003-03-30  7:24 Arash Farmand
From: Arash Farmand @ 2003-03-30  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D86F76D@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-10-11  5:13 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-10-11  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bruno Aulagner'; +Cc: gcc-help

Bruno Aulagner wrote:

> I'm new to Linux and GCC, and I need to compile a code with a 1 byte
> structure alignment... I found no options allowing this...
> How can I do it ?

You can add __attribute__((packed)) to a structure definition

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.2/gcc/Variable-Attributes.html

I don't think there's a switch to do this globally (or at least I don't
see one).

Rup.

* GCC
@ 2002-10-11  4:44 Bruno Aulagner
From: Bruno Aulagner @ 2002-10-11  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I'm new to Linux and GCC, and I need to compile a code with a 1 byte
structure alignment... I found no options allowing this... How can I do it ?
Thanks for your help on this.

Best Regards

Bruno AULAGNER
ACOREL SA

* RE:  gcc
@ 2002-08-30  3:42 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2002-08-30  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.'

    Samuel> Hi

    Samuel> I am trying to install gcc C compiler onto my server and I
    Samuel> got the error message shown below when trying to do the
    Samuel> configure.  There isn't a working compiler in the server
    Samuel> as required by the configuration so I am not sure what the
    Samuel> variable CC shd be set to.

    Samuel> I was told to look for a binary version but could not
    Samuel> locate in the gnu website.

    Samuel> [ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # $srcdir/configure
    Samuel> Configuring for a powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 host.

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html mentions:

    * AIX:
	o http://www.bullfreeware.com
        o http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu

Google found this from IBM:

	http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html

HTH

--
Claudio Bley                                                        _
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

* RE:  gcc
@ 2002-08-29 19:27 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-08-29 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.'

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Samuel Lee Kwek Ming wrote:

> I am trying to install gcc C compiler onto my server and I got the error
> message shown below when trying to do the configure.   There isn't a working
> compiler in the server as required by the configuration so I am not sure
> what the variable CC shd be set to.
Can't be installed without a working compiler. Get a precompiled version
and install it.

-ishwar

* RE:  gcc
@ 2002-08-29 19:23 Samuel Lee Kwek Ming
From: Samuel Lee Kwek Ming @ 2002-08-29 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.'

Hi

I am trying to install gcc C compiler onto my server and I got the error
message shown below when trying to do the configure.   There isn't a working
compiler in the server as required by the configuration so I am not sure
what the variable CC shd be set to.

I was told to look for a binary version but could not locate in the gnu
website.

Would appreciate your assistance.  Thanks.

Regards
Sam

==================

[ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # echo $objdir
/PROD_pri/users/install

[ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # echo $srcdir
/NTMS2_PROD/production/backup/install/gcc-3.1.1

[ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # $srcdir/configure
Configuring for a powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /PROD_pri/users/install using "mt-frag"
/NTMS2_PROD/production/backup/install/gcc-3.1.1/configure[1486]:
/NTMS2_PROD/pro
duction/backup/install/gcc-3.1.1/gcc: 0403-006 Execute permission denied.
*** The command '/NTMS2_PROD/production/backup/install/gcc-3.1.1/gcc -o
conftest
 -g   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

[ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # echo $CC
/NTMS2_PROD/production/backup/install/gcc-3.1.1/gcc

[ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # echo $PATH
/usr/Tivoli/bin/aix4-r1/bin:/usr/Tivoli/bin/aix4-r1/ADE:/usr/Tivoli/bin/aix4
-r1/
AEF:/usr/Tivoli/bin/aix4-r1/kerberos:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/b
in/X
11:/sbin:/usr/sbin/cluster:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/gcc:/NT

@ 2002-08-19 19:23 Samuel Lee Kwek Ming
From: Samuel Lee Kwek Ming @ 2002-08-19 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.'

Hi

I got the error message shown below when performing the configure.  I know
the variable CC is set incorrectly but not sure what it should be set to.

Please assist.  Thanks.

Regards
Sam

==================

@ 2002-01-10  9:30 Tom Fetterer
From: Tom Fetterer @ 2002-01-10  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

I have installed the g++ v3.0.3 compiler on a Sun ultra 5 running
SunOS 5.8 and am having trouble convincing the assembler to use
the assembly code produced. A couple of quick questions:

1. what version of "as" (the Sun assembler) does g++ expect?

2. is there a way of specifying the assembler that the compiler
should call or what instruction set to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tom

\                                                             /
 \  Tom Fetterer                |  email: tomf@vexcel.com    /
  \ Vexcel Corporation          |  voice: 303-444-0094 X208 /
  / 4909 Nautilus Ct. Suite 133 |  fax:   303-444-0470      \
 /  Boulder, Colorado 80301     |  http://www.vexcel.com/    \
/_____________________________________________________________\

* Re: gcc
@ 2001-02-15  9:16 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-15  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Neal; +Cc: gcc-help

On Feb 15, 2001, Robert Neal <bob_neal@usa.net> wrote:

> What nmore do I need to download,

Nothing.  You just have to read the installation instructions.
There's an INSTALL directory in the source tree that should contain
all relevant information.

* gcc
@ 2001-02-15  7:50 Robert Neal
From: Robert Neal @ 2001-02-15  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Gentlemen;
  I am new to all of this, but have a need to take a Java program that
provides access to a CAD file and make it available for extension in C++ on
HP-UX 10.2.  I understand that gcc and/or gjc will act on the class files and
generate .o and .h files so I can compile and load.  I started by downloading
the gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz and the gcc-java-2.95.tar.gz files and successfully
unzipped and untared them into their two directory structures.  There is a
Makefile.in there and I tried running gmake using that but I get an error of a
separator needed at line 128.  So I tried just runninng cc -g *.c and nothing
compiles.  It is still missing a number of header files (e.g. config.h).  What
more do I need to download, and from where?  I read some stuff about gld? and
other executables that I probably don't have and some instruction on setting
up /usr/local in my PATH.  Is there some sort of cookbook procedure anywhere
that I can follow?

    I would really appreciate any help you can offer.

    Best Regards
     Bob Neal.

* Re: gcc
@ 2001-02-12 18:38 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-02-12 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paramjit Cheema; +Cc: gcc-help

On Feb 13, 2001, Paramjit Cheema <bobby@cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> I was trying to install gcc version 2.95.2 on digital unix tru64.

Tru64 5.x, I suppose.  It's not supported by GCC 2.95.2.  You'll have
to use a development snapshot.

* gcc
@ 2001-02-12 17:17 Paramjit Cheema
From: Paramjit Cheema @ 2001-02-12 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi ,

I was trying to install gcc version 2.95.2 on digital unix tru64 . iam using
seperate  dir for the source and obj . i have used make bootstrap  and used
the gnu version of make in the whole process but still during the make
bootstrap phase it came out with the following error

cc  -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA    -g  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o cc1 toplev.o version.o
tree.o pr
int-tree.o stor-layout.o fold-const.o function.o stmt.o except.o expr.o
calls.o
expmed.o explow.o optabs.o intl.o varasm.o rtl.o print-rtl.o rtlanal.o
emit-rtl.
o genrtl.o real.o dbxout.o sdbout.o dwarfout.o dwarf2out.o xcoffout.o
bitmap.o a
lias.o gcse.o integrate.o jump.o cse.o loop.o unroll.o flow.o stupid.o
combine.o
 varray.o regclass.o regmove.o local-alloc.o global.o reload.o reload1.o
caller-
save.o insn-peep.o reorg.o haifa-sched.o final.o recog.o reg-stack.o
insn-opinit
.o insn-recog.o insn-extract.o insn-output.o insn-emit.o lcm.o profile.o
insn-at
trtab.o alpha.o getpwd.o  convert.o mbchar.o dyn-string.o splay-tree.o
graph.o s
bitmap.o resource.o hash.o c-parse.o c-lang.o c-lex.o c-pragma.o c-decl.o
c-type
ck.o c-convert.o c-aux-info.o c-common.o c-iterate.o  obstack.o       -lmld
../l
ibiberty/libiberty.a
ld:
Unresolved:
ASM_FILE_START
make[2]: *** [cc1] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/gcc/gcc'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
#

          any clue or help will be greatly appreciated .

regards
bobby

* Re: gcc
@ 2001-01-21 19:48 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-01-21 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Ouellet; +Cc: gcc-help

On Jan 22, 2001, Simon Ouellet <Simon_Ouellet@excite.com> wrote:

> I want to know how call C++ function in C with GCC?
> it is possible and how ?

Declare the C++ function as `extern "C"'.

* gcc
@ 2001-01-21 19:26 Simon Ouellet
From: Simon Ouellet @ 2001-01-21 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi

I want to know how call C++ function in C with GCC?
it is possible and how ?
thanks

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

* Re: gcc
@ 2000-05-29 10:15 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-05-29 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: blythe; +Cc: help-gcc

> I currently have an hpux10.20 system, and would like to load the gcc
> compiler onto it.  The trouble is that the cc compiler shipped with the
> O/S doesn't support the ANSI standard.  The result is that the “-g”
> option is ignored whenever it is encountered during the build process.
> This may or may not be a problem, but the build process ultimately
> terminates with an error:  “bison:  not found.”  Is there a clue as to
> what I need to do to build gcc on my machine?

Where did you get the gcc source code from? bison should not be needed
when building gcc from the official distribution. You can safely
ignore the warning about -g.

Regards,
Martin

* gcc
@ 2000-05-29  8:16 Blythe Dickman
From: Blythe Dickman @ 2000-05-29  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hello,

I currently have an hpux10.20 system, and would like to load the gcc
compiler onto it.  The trouble is that the cc compiler shipped with the
O/S doesn't support the ANSI standard.  The result is that the “-g”
option is ignored whenever it is encountered during the build process.
This may or may not be a problem, but the build process ultimately
terminates with an error:  “bison:  not found.”  Is there a clue as to
what I need to do to build gcc on my machine?

Thanks,

Blythe

* gcc
@ 2000-04-01  0:00 ` Olaf Miller
From: Olaf Miller @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu

Hello,

I am interested in writing a boot sector. I would like to use C and asm to
do this. The majority of the code for a boot sector is 16 bit code. However,
gcc (under linux) produces 32 bit code. Could you please tell me how to
force the gcc compiler to produce 16 bit code?

Thank you,

Olaf

* Re: gcc
@ 2000-04-01  0:00   ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-04-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: olix2000; +Cc: gnu, help-gcc

> I am interested in writing a boot sector. I would like to use C and asm to
> do this. The majority of the code for a boot sector is 16 bit code. However,
> gcc (under linux) produces 32 bit code. Could you please tell me how to
> force the gcc compiler to produce 16 bit code?

GCC currently does not support a 16 bit target, at least not for the
x86 architecture. So you cannot use GCC for your boot sector.

Martin

* Re: gcc
@ 2000-03-09 16:43 ` Martin v. Loewis
From: Martin v. Loewis @ 2000-03-09 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)