* GSoC Timeline Review
@ 2024-03-27  0:31 Nada Elsayed
From: Nada Elsayed @ 2024-03-27  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: David Malcolm, ef2648

Greetings All,
Hope this email finds you well.
I am interested in "Extend the plugin to add checking for usage of the
CPython API" project. First of all, I built the library, and now I am
trying to debug it. Then, I also used Cpython in 3 demos to understand how
it works. Finally, I read the uploaded patch comments to understand the
codebase and file structure.

I was wondering if you could review my suggested timeline?
suggested Timeline:

   -

   May 1-26:
   -

      Explore Cython modules, emphasizing entry-points and bug
      identification.
      -

      Study analyzers, particularly cpy-analyzer, to enhance understanding.
      -

      Debug the codebase to grasp its structure and potential areas for
      improvement.
      -

      Focus investigation on "errors in GIL handling" and "tp_traverse
      errors".
      -

   Weeks 1-6:
   -

      Investigate GIL (Global Interpreter Lock) errors extensively.
      -

      Engage in discussions and develop viable solutions to address
      identified issues.

   -

   Weeks 7-12:
   -

      Gain insight into the functioning of the Garbage Collector.
      -

      Implement checks to mitigate traverse errors effectively.
      -

      Ensure robust error handling mechanisms are in place through thorough
      study and practical implementation.

* Re: GSoC Timeline Review
@ 2024-04-02 14:35 Martin Jambor
From: Martin Jambor @ 2024-04-02 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nada Elsayed, gcc; +Cc: David Malcolm, ef2648

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 30 2024, Nada Elsayed via Gcc wrote:
> I think that I didn't fully understand the project, so I read more and
> updated the Timeline Suggestion.

Sorry that we were for not being able to respond sooner, Easter got into
way in an unfortunate way.  I do not know much about Cython or static
analysis (so I would not be able to give much advice about improvements
to the time-line), but can confirm we have received your application.

Thanks a lot.

Martin