* RE: GCC support addition for Safety compliances
       [not found] ` <CY4PR0501MB37799E8520102E8B4DBA47EBDC2FA@CY4PR0501MB3779.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2023-07-12  9:24   ` Vishal B Patil
From: Vishal B Patil @ 2023-07-12  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Basile Starynkevitch, gcc

Hi Team,

Any updates ?

Regards,
Vishal B Patil

vishal.b.patil@cummins.com

Dahanukar Colony, Kothrud
Pune
Maharashtra
411038
India

-----Original Message-----
From: Vishal B Patil
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 4:18 PM
To: Basile Starynkevitch <basile@starynkevitch.net>
Subject: RE: GCC support addition for Safety compliances

Hi Team,

Thanks for the response.

Actually required for UL60730, UL6200. Please share the costs and time as well.

Regards,
Vishal B Patil

vishal.b.patil@cummins.com

Dahanukar Colony, Kothrud
Pune
Maharashtra
411038
India

From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2023-07-12 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vishal B Patil; +Cc: Basile Starynkevitch, gcc

On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 at 10:25, Vishal B Patil via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Any updates ?

You're not going to get any useful answers.

You asked "Please share the costs and time as well." Costs for what? From whom?

GCC is an open-source project with a diverse community of hundreds of
contributors. Who are you asking to give you costs? What work are you
expecting them to do?

It is unlikely that you obtained GCC from https://gcc.gnu.org so you
should probably talk to whoever provided you with your GCC binaries.
For safety compliance you will probably need to talk to a third-party
who specializes in that. I don't think you will achieve anything by
asking the GCC project to do that for you.

That's not how open source projects work.

@ 2023-07-12 15:23       ` David Brown
       [not found]       ` <CY4PR0501MB37791C2AF5B8884F39B27C71DCA7A@CY4PR0501MB3779.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>
From: David Brown @ 2023-07-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vishal B Patil; +Cc: Basile Starynkevitch, Jonathan Wakely, gcc

On 12/07/2023 14:43, Jonathan Wakely via Gcc wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 at 10:25, Vishal B Patil via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Any updates ?
>
> You're not going to get any useful answers.
>
> You asked "Please share the costs and time as well." Costs for what? From whom?
>
> GCC is an open-source project with a diverse community of hundreds of
> contributors. Who are you asking to give you costs? What work are you
> expecting them to do?
>
> It is unlikely that you obtained GCC from https://gcc.gnu.org so you
> should probably talk to whoever provided you with your GCC binaries.

Most people get their GCC binaries for free, and no such source is going
to be able to help for safety compliance or any other kind of
certification.  Certification always costs time, effort and money.  But
there are suppliers who provide toolchain binaries with commercial
support contract, and which could help with certification.  I know Code
Sourcery certainly used to be able to provide language compliance
certification - I have no idea if they still can (it seems they are part
of Siemens these days).  Maybe Red Hat (part of IBM) can do so too, and
possibly others.  But perhaps that will give the OP a starting point.

David

@ 2023-11-01 12:59         ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2023-11-01 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vishal B Patil; +Cc: Basile Starynkevitch, gcc

On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 at 09:45, Vishal B Patil <vishal.b.patil@cummins.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I'm using Mingw win32. My total code size is around 82MB. I'm getting error while compilation "out of memory allocating 48 bytes" , I have attached the snap for your reference.
>
> I have cleaned temp folder but not solved, then I research and it's about the win32 mingw. Which has limit of 2GB. My code use more than 2GB size in memory, task manager it consumes 98% memory and then it crashed.
>
> Could you please help me on that.

This mailing list is for discussion the development of GCC itself, not
for asking for help using GCC. Please use the gcc-help list next time.

Your problem is not a problem with GCC, it's a problem with your
program. Either change your code to use less memory, or create a
64-bit executable that does not have the 2GB limit.

* GCC support addition for Safety compliances
@ 2023-07-05  9:23 Vishal B Patil
From: Vishal B Patil @ 2023-07-05  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc