* Re: gcc tricore porting
@ 2023-06-19 15:36 Mikael Pettersson
From: Mikael Pettersson @ 2023-06-19 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eterno.claudio; +Cc: GCC Development

(Note I'm reading the gcc mailing list via the Web archives, which
doesn't let me
create "proper" replies. Oh well.)

On Sun Jun 18 09:58:56 GMT 2023, <eterno.claudio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is my first time with open source development. I worked in
> automotive for 22 years and we (generally) were using tricore series for
> these products. GCC doesn't compile on that platform. I left my work some
> days ago and so I'll have some spare time in the next few months. I would
> like to know how difficult it is to port the tricore platform on gcc and if
> during this process somebody can support me as tutor and... also if the gcc
> team is interested in this item...

https://github.com/volumit has a port of gcc + binutils + newlib + gdb
to Tricore,
and it's not _that_ ancient. I have no idea where it originates from
or how complete
it is, but I do know the gcc-4.9.4 based one builds with some tweaks.

I don't know anything more about it, I'm just a collector of cross-compilers for
obscure / lost / forgotten / abandoned targets.

/Mikael

* gcc tricore porting
@ 2023-06-18  9:58 Claudio Eterno
From: Claudio Eterno @ 2023-06-18  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)