* Japanese translation of the reference manual
@ 2006-11-08  9:09 TOMINAGA Daisuke
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: TOMINAGA Daisuke @ 2006-11-08  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss; +Cc: TOMINAGA Daisuke

Dear GSL team members,

	I'm a researcher of bioinformatics in Japan, using GSL for
optimization and root finding.
	The GSL is very great and useful for wide area of science, however,
it is not very famous in Japan. To propagate the GSL, I translated
the GSL reference manual into Japanese.

http://www.cbrc.jp/%7Etominaga/translations/gsl/gsl-1.8/index-e.html

	I need comments for the translation. Is someone of the members and
relatives can read the translated manual?

Thanks

P.S.
I'm very happy if a link to my document is put on the GSL web page.
If you are the admin, would you do that?

TOMINAGA Daisuke, Ph. D.
Biological Network team,
Computational Biology Research Center, AIST, Japan
Tel/Fax: +81-3-3599-8080/8081, http://www.cbrc.jp/

* Re: Japanese translation of the reference manual
@ 2006-11-08  9:20 ` Carlo Perassi
From: Carlo Perassi @ 2006-11-08  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss, TOMINAGA Daisuke

> Dear GSL team members,

I can't read japanese but that is a huge work!
I'm sure that after some reviews Brian will give you the right reference
on GSL.

--
Carlo Perassi - http://www.linux.it/~carlo/

* Re: Japanese translation of the reference manual
@ 2006-11-08 10:52 ` Iwamae Atsushi
From: Iwamae Atsushi @ 2006-11-08 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TOMINAGA Daisuke, gsl-discuss

Dear Dr. Tominaga,

I appreciate your efforts to make the Japanese version of GSL reference
manual. My students would like to have Japanese version.
I just took a glance at it and found marvelous.
There are a few typographic errors which I notice.
I will send you later.

Atsushi Iwamae (Ph.D)
                 075-753-4860 (tel) 075-753-4732 (fax)
                 090-4492-1362 (mobile)

* Re: Japanese translation of the reference manual
@ 2006-11-08 13:14 ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2006-11-08 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TOMINAGA Daisuke; +Cc: gsl-discuss

TOMINAGA Daisuke wrote:
> I'm very happy if a link to my document is put on the GSL web page. If
> you are the admin, would you do that?

Hello,

Wow, that is very impressive!  I cannot read Japanese but it looks like
a lot of work.

One minor point, according to the GFDL the license of any translation
should be GFDL also, rather than GPL.  If you can fix that I will be
glad to make a link from the main GSL webpage.  You could also post a
message to info-gsl@gnu.org and gsl-announce@sourceware.org to announce it.

--
best regards,

Brian Gough
(GSL Maintainer)

* Re: Japanese translation of the reference manual
@ 2006-11-09  8:42   ` TOMINAGA Daisuke
From: TOMINAGA Daisuke @ 2006-11-09  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

Dear all,

	Thank you very much for kind responses and indications. I'm happy
about an Japanese reader was found.

	I misunderstood the license of the original reference manual. I
wrote "license of this translation is GPL 2, same as original" in my
translation. It was corrected, and I changed the license of
translated manual to GFDL v.1.2 or later, same as original.

URL, again -> http://www.cbrc.jp/%7Etominaga/translations/gsl/gsl-1.8/
index-e.html

regards,

TOMINAGA Daisuke

@ 2006-11-10 12:00     ` Brian Gough
From: Brian Gough @ 2006-11-10 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TOMINAGA Daisuke; +Cc: gsl-discuss

TOMINAGA Daisuke wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>     Thank you very much for kind responses and indications. I'm happy
> about an Japanese reader was found.
>
>     I misunderstood the license of the original reference manual. I
> wrote "license of this translation is GPL 2, same as original" in my
> translation. It was corrected, and I changed the license of translated
> manual to GFDL v.1.2 or later, same as original.
>
> URL, again ->
> http://www.cbrc.jp/%7Etominaga/translations/gsl/gsl-1.8/index-e.html

Great, I have added that to the webpage at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/ and in the GSL README and texinfo
files. Thanks for your work.

--
Brian Gough

* Re: Japanese translation of the reference manual
@ 2006-11-10 14:28       ` TOMINAGA Daisuke
From: TOMINAGA Daisuke @ 2006-11-10 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsl-discuss

It's great! How happy I am!
Thank you very much.

I've put links to GSL and it's development pages, too. :-)