* Your toxic comments.
@ 2021-06-13  8:58 Amit Choudhary
From: Amit Choudhary @ 2021-06-13  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: GNU C Library

Siddhesh,

Your toxic comments forced me to do research on you on web.

I looked at https://siddhesh.in/.

There I read that you failed to qualify for IIT (twice) and you went into a
year long depression.

This means that you are not a very intelligent person.

I had passed IIT JEE exam and did Computer Science from IIT-Varanasi.

This means that I am more intelligent than you.

Also, I have a feeling that you could not digest the fact that a fellow
Indian had invented something worthwhile.

You are a stupid and jealous person.

In case you are a glibc maintainer, you should be removed from glibc
maintainer position.

Amit

* Re: Your toxic comments.
@ 2021-06-13 10:51 ` Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2021-06-13 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Choudhary; +Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, GNU C Library

> Il giorno 13 giu 2021, alle ore 05:59, Amit Choudhary via Libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> ha scritto:
>
> Siddhesh,
>
> Your toxic comments forced me to do research on you on web.
>
> I looked at https://siddhesh.in/.
>
> There I read that you failed to qualify for IIT (twice) and you went into a
> year long depression.
>
> This means that you are not a very intelligent person.
>
> I had passed IIT JEE exam and did Computer Science from IIT-Varanasi.
>
> This means that I am more intelligent than you.
>
> Also, I have a feeling that you could not digest the fact that a fellow
> Indian had invented something worthwhile.
>
> You are a stupid and jealous person.
>
> In case you are a glibc maintainer, you should be removed from glibc
> maintainer position.

This ridiculous messages settles Siddhesh remarks. The world will continue to suffer without the brilliance of your algorithm.

Snarkiness a part, this message is *totally* unacceptable in this mailing list. Amit, please avoid to take this personally and if you want handle with Siddhesh contact him privately.

(And I think no one will ever touch your contribution after this exchange.)

* Re: Your toxic comments.
@ 2021-06-13 11:05   ` Amit Choudhary
From: Amit Choudhary @ 2021-06-13 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, GNU C Library

Who cares about contributing to glibc?

It looks like that you people think that contributing to glibc is a great deal.

It is not a great deal at all.

I will better spend my time elsewhere and earn money rather than
getting into discussions with megalomaniacs from glibc.

My patches are in linux kernel since 2005-2006 and those guys are
wonderful to work with. Very supportive and encouraging. Also, they
just ask people to send the patch, they do all the testing /
verification themselves unlike here in glibc where you ask
contributors to fix other parts of the system also.

The supreme open source project is linux kernel and my patches are in there.

How many people from glibc have their patches in linux kernel?

Does Siddhesh and you (adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org) have any patch
in linux kernel?

Contributing to linux kernel is much much much bigger deal than
contributing in glibc.

Amit

@ 2021-06-13 11:16     ` Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2021-06-13 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Choudhary; +Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, GNU C Library

> Il giorno 13 giu 2021, alle ore 08:05, Amit Choudhary <amitchoudhary0523@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Who cares about contributing to glibc?

You, since you continue to reply our messages.

> It looks like that you people think that contributing to glibc is a great deal.
>
> It is not a great deal at all.

So stop interacting with us the, why do you need to have the last word?

> I will better spend my time elsewhere and earn money rather than
> getting into discussions with megalomaniacs from glibc.

I complete agree with you on this one.

> My patches are in linux kernel since 2005-2006 and those guys are
> wonderful to work with. Very supportive and encouraging. Also, they
> just ask people to send the patch, they do all the testing /
> verification themselves unlike here in glibc where you ask
> contributors to fix other parts of the system also.
>
> The supreme open source project is linux kernel and my patches are in there.
>
> How many people from glibc have their patches in linux kernel?
>
> Does Siddhesh and you (adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org) have any patch
> in linux kernel?
>
> Contributing to linux kernel is much much much bigger deal than
> contributing in glibc.

Ok, take care. If you want to contribute, please tone down these personal attacks since the toxic behavior came exclusively from you.

Otherwise I will personally block any contribution you send.

@ 2021-06-13 11:56       ` Amit Choudhary
From: Amit Choudhary @ 2021-06-13 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar, GNU C Library

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 4:46 PM Adhemerval Zanella
<adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org> wrote:

> > Il giorno 13 giu 2021, alle ore 08:05, Amit Choudhary <amitchoudhary0523@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Who cares about contributing to glibc?
>
> You, since you continue to reply our messages.

If someone says something wrong about me or my algorithm then I am
going to respond. I have said many times that I don't care about my
code getting included in glibc or not.

> > It looks like that you people think that contributing to glibc is a great deal.
> >
> > It is not a great deal at all.
>
> So stop interacting with us the, why do you need to have the last word?

Again, if someone says something wrong about me or my algorithm then I
am going to respond.

> > My patches are in linux kernel since 2005-2006 and those guys are
> > wonderful to work with. Very supportive and encouraging. Also, they
> > just ask people to send the patch, they do all the testing /
> > verification themselves unlike here in glibc where you ask
> > contributors to fix other parts of the system also.
> >
> > The supreme open source project is linux kernel and my patches are in there.
> >
> > How many people from glibc have their patches in linux kernel?
> >
> > Does Siddhesh and you (adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org) have any patch
> > in linux kernel?
> >
> > Contributing to linux kernel is much much much bigger deal than
> > contributing in glibc.
>
> Ok, take care. If you want to contribute, please tone down these personal attacks since the toxic behavior came exclusively from you.
>
> Otherwise I will personally block any contribution you send.

Siddhesh started all this by making stupid comments. I will write here
what he wrote:

""""Case 1"""": 4. Given that the benchmark program is outside of the
benchtests infrastructure (because this is clearly not the benchtests
program), there is no information about how the benchmark is run and
what conditions affect its output..

Answer: So, he did not ask me what I was doing but made a completely
stupid statement. Anyways, how else I would run benchmark other than
the way it is explained in glibc.

Also, he did not ask me whether I had included my algorithm in
benchmarks tests or not, but he just went ahead and made a stupid
statement. I had included my algorithm in bench-strstr.c and then ran
the tests as instructed in glibc.

""""Case 2"""": 3. ... The benchmark results shared don't actually
indicate which length pairs result in those worst case performances
but if I had to assume that it's related to glibc benchmark inputs,
(there's one input less than the glibc benchmarks) it appears that the
performance starts going downhill from 224 byte haystacks, especially
with misaligned strings.

Answer: Again, he did not ask me what I was doing and made a stupid
statement. I modified bench-strstr.out so that the results are easily
readable by people. Siddhesh could have asked for original
bench-strstr.out and I would have provided that.

""""Case 3"""": 5. The baseline for comparison is not clear. Is it the
default strstr() in string/strstr.c?  Is it the system strstr()?  In
the latter case, it could be anything from string/strstr.c to the
various microarchitecture-specific asm ifuncs.

Answer: It looks like he himself hasn't seen what is there in
bench-strstr.c and bench tests in glibc. If he had seen that then he
would have made this statement. So, he makes statements without
knowing much.

""""Case 5"""": 7. Refusal to use the glibc-benchtests - either in its
current form or by adding more inputs that the community agrees as
relevant - is IMO a blocker to getting any changes accepted to
strstr().  A better strstr() must show better results on the
benchmarks, without which future maintenance of the function will be
challenging.

Answer: Again, he said something without looking at my latest mail. My
latest mail had cleary written that I ran benchmark tests.

""""Case 6"""": 1. First and foremost, Amit has been insinuating
racial discrimination or crying victim when someone makes suggestions
for verification or points out flaws in the algorithm.  He was warned
once[1] but has refused to treat community members with respect.  Let
this not be the low we set for acceptable behaviour in the community.

Answer: I made this statement only once because I was skeptical and I
got the answer and after that I did not do anything of this sort. So,
Siddhesh wants me to respect the community but the community can treat
me any way it wants. If you want respect, then you should give respect
also.

""""Case 7"""": 2. There is a plain text algorithm and several C code
snippets, none of which have proper copyright notices.  There is no
indication even of whether Amit owns the copyright for the shared
content (as opposed to his employer since many employers claim
ownership for everything the employee creates) or whether he has given
us permission to use the content.

                        3. On a related point, it is unclear if Amit
or his employer have signed a copyright assignment with the FSF.  I
personally would like to see glibc move away from the assignment like
gcc did recently, but that's an orthogonal point at the moment.

Answer: What kind of comment is this? So, if anyone sends a patch to
glibc then he has to provide all these before sending a patch. If this
is a requirement then why was it not informed to me when I sent my
first mail. Why didn't Siddhesh made this comment on my first mail.?

""""Case 8"""": 4. Amit has on various occasions expressed disinterest
in contributing to glibc and put conditions on what he will or will
not do even before posting a single line patch.  I have no confidence
that if we do end up accepting his contribution at some point, he will
make himself available to maintain the code he contributed, leaving
the community to deal with the technical debt.

Answer: I expressed disinterest because at that time people were
behaving as if contributing to glibc is a very big deal and even if I
am not treated with respect by the community, I should put up with it.
Secondly, there was an outstanding point of whether average cases are
more important or worst cases. Many times, I myself said that my
algorithm is not good for worst cases. Why would I send a patch when I
know that it will not be accepted?

              If the requirement is that a person who contributes to
glibc should maintain his contribution for the entire life then it
should have been made clear in reply to my first mail itself.

""""Case 9"""": 6. Amit has made handwavy claims about why a certain
set of inputs matter over others without providing any references to
prior art or reviewable experimental data that can back his claims.
The proposal needs clearer commentary here with proper references.

Answer: Again it is not clear what claims I have made and whether I
have provided backing data or not? I made only two claims - my
algorithm is faster than strstr() for average case and slower in worst
cases. And I had sent the results in the mail. Siddhesh made all his
statements without looking at my mail. Shouldn't he have read all the
mails before replying?

==============

At this point, just before Siddhesh sent his meaningless mail,
everything was coming on track. I sent results, and Paul asked me to
improve my algorithm and things were taking shape. But then Siddhesh's
email derailed it all.

One last point: If you want respect, then please give respect also.

Amit

* Re: Your toxic comments.
@ 2021-06-13 13:46         ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2021-06-13 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amit Choudhary, Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: GNU C Library

On 6/13/21 2:28 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
 > There I read that you failed to qualify for IIT (twice) and you went
 > into a year long depression.
 >
 > This means that you are not a very intelligent person.
 >
 > I had passed IIT JEE exam and did Computer Science from IIT-Varanasi.
 >
 > This means that I am more intelligent than you.

OK, PM me your mailing address I'll mail you a t-shirt that says that :)

On 6/13/21 5:26 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
> Siddhesh started all this by making stupid comments. I will write here
> what he wrote:

I don't think you deserve an explanation of my review guidelines from me
after the vile personal attack you launched on me.  In fact, most of
them are reiterations of what other reviewers have said in the past but
you either haven't read them or haven't understood them.  But don't
worry, those comments are mostly targeted at other reviewers who (if
they choose to endure your conversation style) may choose to engage with
you.

> ==============
>
> At this point, just before Siddhesh sent his meaningless mail,
> everything was coming on track. I sent results, and Paul asked me to
> improve my algorithm and things were taking shape. But then Siddhesh's
> email derailed it all.

It was not 'coming on track' and my intervention was necessary because
(1) as one of the maintainers of glibc it is my responsibility to
reiterate the review standards for the project when I see gaps and (2)
you've been misinterpreting the politeness of the community members as
compliance.  You would have run into all those issues later even if I
had not iterated them.  You literally expressed surprise at a couple of
them as if they weren't mentioned in the thread before.

Finally, this is my last email to you until you are more respectful in
your language.

Siddhesh

* Re: Your toxic comments.
@ 2021-06-13 13:58           ` Amit Choudhary
From: Amit Choudhary @ 2021-06-13 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: Adhemerval Zanella, GNU C Library

I am done with all this now. I am not going to respond to your comments.

I am starting a new job from tomorrow which is paying me $150,000 per anum
for writing 4G / 5G code which the whole world will use in a few months.

Need to write code for balanced b-trees for my new job and code for eNB
node.

I would better focus on that now.

Amit

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021, 7:16 PM Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org>
wrote:

> On 6/13/21 2:28 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
>  > There I read that you failed to qualify for IIT (twice) and you went
>  > into a year long depression.
>  >
>  > This means that you are not a very intelligent person.
>  >
>  > I had passed IIT JEE exam and did Computer Science from IIT-Varanasi.
>  >
>  > This means that I am more intelligent than you.
>
> OK, PM me your mailing address I'll mail you a t-shirt that says that :)
>
> On 6/13/21 5:26 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
> > Siddhesh started all this by making stupid comments. I will write here
> > what he wrote:
>
> I don't think you deserve an explanation of my review guidelines from me
> after the vile personal attack you launched on me.  In fact, most of
> them are reiterations of what other reviewers have said in the past but
> you either haven't read them or haven't understood them.  But don't
> worry, those comments are mostly targeted at other reviewers who (if
> they choose to endure your conversation style) may choose to engage with
> you.
>
> > ==============
> >
> > At this point, just before Siddhesh sent his meaningless mail,
> > everything was coming on track. I sent results, and Paul asked me to
> > improve my algorithm and things were taking shape. But then Siddhesh's
> > email derailed it all.
>
> It was not 'coming on track' and my intervention was necessary because
> (1) as one of the maintainers of glibc it is my responsibility to
> reiterate the review standards for the project when I see gaps and (2)
> you've been misinterpreting the politeness of the community members as
> compliance.  You would have run into all those issues later even if I
> had not iterated them.  You literally expressed surprise at a couple of
> them as if they weren't mentioned in the thread before.
>
> Finally, this is my last email to you until you are more respectful in
> your language.
>
> Siddhesh

* Re: Your toxic comments.
@ 2021-06-13 14:07             ` Amit Choudhary
From: Amit Choudhary @ 2021-06-13 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar; +Cc: Adhemerval Zanella, GNU C Library

By the way, if you get bored then you can look at the new search engine
architecture which I invented and implemented.

It is hosted on sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/search-engine-in-php/files/

Amit

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021, 7:28 PM Amit Choudhary <amitchoudhary0523@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am done with all this now. I am not going to respond to your comments.
>
> I am starting a new job from tomorrow which is paying me $150,000 per anum
> for writing 4G / 5G code which the whole world will use in a few months.
>
> Need to write code for balanced b-trees for my new job and code for eNB
> node.
>
> I would better focus on that now.
>
> Amit
>

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2021, 7:16 PM Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/13/21 2:28 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
>>  > There I read that you failed to qualify for IIT (twice) and you went
>>  > into a year long depression.
>>  >
>>  > This means that you are not a very intelligent person.
>>  >
>>  > I had passed IIT JEE exam and did Computer Science from IIT-Varanasi.
>>  >
>>  > This means that I am more intelligent than you.
>>
>> OK, PM me your mailing address I'll mail you a t-shirt that says that :)
>>
>> On 6/13/21 5:26 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
>> > Siddhesh started all this by making stupid comments. I will write here
>> > what he wrote:
>>
>> I don't think you deserve an explanation of my review guidelines from me
>> after the vile personal attack you launched on me.  In fact, most of
>> them are reiterations of what other reviewers have said in the past but
>> you either haven't read them or haven't understood them.  But don't
>> worry, those comments are mostly targeted at other reviewers who (if
>> they choose to endure your conversation style) may choose to engage with
>> you.
>>
>> > ==============
>> >
>> > At this point, just before Siddhesh sent his meaningless mail,
>> > everything was coming on track. I sent results, and Paul asked me to
>> > improve my algorithm and things were taking shape. But then Siddhesh's
>> > email derailed it all.
>>
>> It was not 'coming on track' and my intervention was necessary because
>> (1) as one of the maintainers of glibc it is my responsibility to
>> reiterate the review standards for the project when I see gaps and (2)
>> you've been misinterpreting the politeness of the community members as
>> compliance.  You would have run into all those issues later even if I
>> had not iterated them.  You literally expressed surprise at a couple of
>> them as if they weren't mentioned in the thread before.
>>
>> Finally, this is my last email to you until you are more respectful in
>> your language.
>>
>> Siddhesh

* Unacceptable behaviour by Amit Choudhary
@ 2021-06-13 14:19 ` Dmitry V. Levin
From: Dmitry V. Levin @ 2021-06-13 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha-owner; +Cc: GNU C Library

The unacceptable behaviour by Amit Choudhary shall not be tolerated in
this mailing list any longer,  I request moderators to block all further
messages from that person as soon as possible.

--
ldv

* Re: Unacceptable behaviour by Amit Choudhary
@ 2021-06-14 19:02   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2021-06-14 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry V. Levin, libc-alpha-owner, amitchoudhary0523; +Cc: GNU C Library

On 6/13/21 10:19 AM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> The unacceptable behaviour by Amit Choudhary shall not be tolerated in
> this mailing list any longer,  I request moderators to block all further
> messages from that person as soon as possible.

The behaviour of Amit Choudhary is completely unacceptable.

The glibc community does not have an official code of conduct.
I will seek feedback to set this up.

Please consider this a public warning that such behaviour from
Amit will not be tolerated and subsequent sustained behaviour
will result in a temporary ban.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.