public inbox for libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
From: Tom Tromey <tromey@adacore.com>
To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey@adacore.com>,
	 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@redhat.com>,
	Jonathan Wakely via Gcc-patches <gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,
	 "libstdc++" <libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [committed] libstdc++: Add GDB printers for <chrono> types
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:37:27 -0600	[thread overview]

Jonathan> The changes made by black seem reasonable, though I prefer it
Jonathan> with -S to disable string-normalization. It also needs an
Jonathan> option to use 79 as the maximum line length.

I've got some patches I'm about to send.

I made a pyproject.toml to auto-configure black (and isort), and this
works fine, but it also makes a bunch of edits.  So I'd rather send that
separately, after the current batch of patches is handled.

flake8 still isn't really happy, I guess because there are strings that
cause lines over 79, and black doesn't split those.  But meh, maybe
suppressing some flake8 errors is the way to go.

Tom