* [APPROVE?] GNU linkonce patch
@ 2003-04-09 19:05 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-09 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Maintainers

I just sent a fix for an obvious typo in various linker scripts to
ecos-patches. A number of .ld files had .gnulinkonce.s instead of
.gnu.linkonce.s.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-04/msg00057.html

It should be applied because a) it's obvious and b) without it people on
quite a few targets may not have working new/delete. The risks are zero
unless I had a finger fumble!

Please someone say yes so I don't have to hang around worrying about
whether I'll forget to apply it! :-)

Jifl

* Re: [APPROVE?] GNU linkonce patch
@ 2003-04-09 21:21 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-04-09 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 13:05, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> I just sent a fix for an obvious typo in various linker scripts to
> ecos-patches. A number of .ld files had .gnulinkonce.s instead of
> .gnu.linkonce.s.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-04/msg00057.html
>
> It should be applied because a) it's obvious and b) without it people on
> quite a few targets may not have working new/delete. The risks are zero
> unless I had a finger fumble!
>
> Please someone say yes so I don't have to hang around worrying about
> whether I'll forget to apply it! :-)

They seem reasonable enough to me - although I don't have any
machines to test on :-)

Go for it.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc

* Re: [APPROVE?] GNU linkonce patch
@ 2003-04-12  4:47 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-12  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

I won't apply the below patch in deference to Nick applying his linker
scripts and mine together, which, since they touch the same files, is
(presumably?) easier overall.

I know he hasn't submitted them for approval yet, but I know he's going to ;).

Jifl

@ 2003-04-14 12:01   ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-04-14 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> writes:

> I won't apply the below patch in deference to Nick applying his linker
> scripts and mine together, which, since they touch the same files, is
> (presumably?) easier overall.
>
> I know he hasn't submitted them for approval yet, but I know he's going to ;).

I was actually waiting for you and Bart to submit your patches for
approval before submitting mine.

* Re: [APPROVE?] GNU linkonce patch
@ 2003-04-14 12:21     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-04-14 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: eCos Maintainers

Nick Garnett wrote:
> Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> writes:
>

>>I won't apply the below patch in deference to Nick applying his linker
>>scripts and mine together, which, since they touch the same files, is
>>(presumably?) easier overall.
>>
>>I know he hasn't submitted them for approval yet, but I know he's going to ;).
>

> I was actually waiting for you and Bart to submit your patches for
> approval before submitting mine.

As above, I'll leave "mine" to you to avoid more hassle for you merging
ChangeLogs again, but if you prefer me to do mine separately I can do that
too. As for Bart's, if you mean the __cxx_pure_virtual thing, that's
already been approved and checked in, so go for it :-).

cvs -q diff -D 2003-04-09 -D 2003-04-11 hal
does the diff, if you strip out the trivial change to
hal/arm/xscale/ixp425/current/ChangeLog

Jifl