public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Some issues..
@ 2004-04-03 13:05 Thomas Zander
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas Zander @ 2004-04-03 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

* RE: Some issues..
@ 2004-04-23  9:12 Jeroen Frijters
From: Jeroen Frijters @ 2004-04-23  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard, Andrew Haley; +Cc: Thomas Zander, mauve-discuss

Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 14:03, Andrew Haley wrote:
> > Mark Wielaard writes:
> >  > Ehe, how do you use/invoke it?
> >
> > It gets invoked automatically when you run Mauve, at least on my
> > system.  BinaryCompatibilityTest.java is the driver that invokes it.
>
> Aha. And it uses Runtime.exec()... Which wasn't properly
> implemented in GNU Classpath proper. But we have it now (almost)!
>
> ow that I can run it I see that kaffe, jamvm and gij all fail most of
> the tests. Each of IL bin_01 till IL bin_18 fails 5 or 6 times giving:
> 107 of 125 tests failed

I never really payed attention to this test, but now I see that it is
*nix specific (using shell script <shiver>).

What is the policy for Mauve? I realise most of you don't care about/for
Windows, but personally I do. So I support Mark's earlier
suggestion/request to move this to a separate section.

On a somewhat related note, the invalid_port test in DatagramSocketTest2
assumes that it is illegal to create a DatagramSocket that listens on
port 21, but I don't believe that is part of the Java specification.

Regards,
Jeroen