public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11  4:14 Yaakov Selkowitz
                   ` (11 more replies)
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Package maintainers,

I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
libgd2):

aalib                                        Dr. Volker Zell
abook                                        Jari Aalto
apngasm                                      Jari Aalto
aria2                                        ORPHANED (Kostya Altukhov)
asymptote                                    Ken Brown
autotrace                                    Marco Atzeri/Dr. Volker Zell
aview                                        Jari Aalto
bmp2png                                      Jari Aalto
brltty                                       ORPHANED (Samuel Thibault)
bvi                                          Jari Aalto
cdargs                                       Jari Aalto
cgdb                                         Jari Aalto
clamav                                       ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
clisp                                        ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
cscope                                       Jari Aalto
ctris                                        ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
ddd                                          Jon Turney
emacs                                        Ken Brown
fltk                                         Teun Burgers
ghostscript                                  Dr. Volker Zell
gl2ps                                        Marco Atzeri
gnugo                                        Teun Burgers
gnupg                                        Marco Atzeri
gnuplot                                      Dr. Volker Zell
GraphicsMagick                               Marco Atzeri
guile                                        Jan Nieuwenhuizen
hexedit                                      ORPHANED (Chris Sutcliffe)
hp2xx                                        Dr. Volker Zell
icoutils                                     David Stacey
ImageMagick                                  Marco Atzeri
iselect                                      Jari Aalto
joe                                          Jari Aalto
lcms                                         Dr. Volker Zell
leptonica                                    Marco Atzeri
less                                         ORPHANED
libAfterImage                                ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
libggi2                                      Peter Rosin
libkate                                      David Rothenberger
libwmf                                       Dr. Volker Zell
lilypond                                     Jan Nieuwenhuizen
ming                                         Dr. Volker Zell
mscgen                                       Michael McTernan
naim                                         ORPHANED (Jonathan C. Allen)
ncftp                                        Jari Aalto
nettle                                       Dr. Volker Zell
nfrotz                                       ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
ngspice                                      Marco Atzeri
ninvaders                                    David Stacey
nmh                                          David Levine
nrss                                         Jari Aalto
octave                                       Marco Atzeri
octave-communications                        Marco Atzeri
optipng                                      Jari Aalto
orpie                                        Andrew Schulman
parrot                                       ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
pdftk                                        David Rothenberger
ploticus                                     Andrew Schulman
plotutils                                    Marco Atzeri
pngquant                                     Jari Aalto
ppl                                          Achim Gratz
proftpd                                      ORPHANED (Jason Tishler)
pstoedit                                     Dr. Volker Zell
python-h5py                                  Chris LeBlanc
python3-h5py                                 Chris LeBlanc
qiv                                          Jari Aalto
R                                            Marco Atzeri
rakudo                                       ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
robots                                       Corinna Vinschen
shed                                         Jari Aalto
singular-surf                                Yue Ren (Frank Seelisch)
sng                                          Andrew Schulman
steghide                                     Jari Aalto
sudoku                                       Jari Aalto
suite3270                                    Peter A. Castro
syslog-ng                                    Corinna Vinschen
tack                                         ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
tcsh                                         Corinna Vinschen
ted                                          Dr. Volker Zell
texlive                                      Ken Brown
transfig                                     Dr. Volker Zell
typespeed                                    ORPHANED (Lapo Luchini)
vfu                                          Jari Aalto
wcd                                          Jari Aalto
xfig                                         Dr. Volker Zell
xloadimage                                   David Stacey
XmHTML                                       Dr. Volker Zell
zsh                                          Peter A. Castro

I am tracking progress here, which also contains further details:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiQ0Mcp588cVVt5LaYXQG5i_HznVF14k50j_pneGT68/edit?usp=sharing

--
Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11  5:47 ` Marco Atzeri
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-02-11  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/11/2015 5:14 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package maintainers,
>
> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> libgd2):

noted. It will take a while to rebuild all specially for libpng15.

I am working on Autotrace+Imagemagick as first

Regards
Marco

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11  6:56 ` Achim Gratz
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-02-11  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> ppl                                          Achim Gratz

That's a support package for an older gcc version that AFAIK is not
needed anymore.  I can update if anybody needs it for something else
(not currently the case, though), otherwise please make it obsolete.

Of the orphaned packages, as said in another thread, I'd make rakudo and
parrot obsolete.  I can maybe resurrect them after the Perl update if
there's still interest in those or maybe a new maintainer shows up.
I've looked at brltty (a11y and all that), but it requires libusb (iffy)
and I don't have access to a braille line anymore.  I might take over
less if nobody else feels like it.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11  7:26 ` Dr. Volker Zell
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2015-02-11  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    > Package maintainers,
    > I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
    > remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
    > obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
    > libgd2):

    > autotrace                                    Marco Atzeri/Dr. Volker Zell

Please make that

     autotrace                                    Marco Atzeri

as agreed on the list.

Thanks
  Volker

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11  7:30   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 08:26 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     > Package maintainers,
>     > I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
>     > remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
>     > obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
>     > libgd2):
>
>     > autotrace                                    Marco Atzeri/Dr. Volker Zell
>
> Please make that
>
>      autotrace                                    Marco Atzeri
>
> as agreed on the list.

Okay, I just copied this from a grep of cygwin-pkg-maint.  I have
updated it accordingly.

--

@ 2015-02-11  7:45   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 07:56 +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> > ppl                                          Achim Gratz
>
> That's a support package for an older gcc version that AFAIK is not
> needed anymore.  I can update if anybody needs it for something else
> (not currently the case, though), otherwise please make it obsolete.

Indeed.  I have removed ppl and the ppl-based cloog from the distro, as
nothing depended on them anymore.

--
Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-11  9:27 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package maintainers,
>
> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> libgd2):

Missed a couple:

pal                                          ORPHANED (Jari Aalto)
units                                        John Morrison

--
Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-11 16:29 ` Andrew Schulman
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-02-11 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> orpie                                        Andrew Schulman

OK.  I just rebuilt orpie, and now it depends on libncursesw10.  Is that the
right successor to libncurses10?  If so, I'll upload the new build.

> ploticus                                     Andrew Schulman

This package needs to be updated and I've tried a few times to rebuild it, but
the build always fails and so far I haven't been able to solve it.  I'm not
actively using it any more anyway, so maybe it's time to obsolete it, unless
someone else wants to pick it up.

Andrew

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11 16:38   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-11 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb 11 11:28, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > orpie                                        Andrew Schulman
>
> OK.  I just rebuilt orpie, and now it depends on libncursesw10.  Is that the
> right successor to libncurses10?  If so, I'll upload the new build.

Yes, that's right.

> > ploticus                                     Andrew Schulman
>
> This package needs to be updated and I've tried a few times to rebuild it, but
> the build always fails and so far I haven't been able to solve it.  I'm not
> actively using it any more anyway, so maybe it's time to obsolete it, unless
> someone else wants to pick it up.

Maybe only, or shall I fix up cygwin-pkg-maint?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11 16:52   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 11:28 -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > orpie                                        Andrew Schulman
>
> OK.  I just rebuilt orpie, and now it depends on libncursesw10.  Is that the
> right successor to libncurses10?  If so, I'll upload the new build.

Yes, please.

> > ploticus                                     Andrew Schulman
>
> This package needs to be updated and I've tried a few times to rebuild it, but
> the build always fails and so far I haven't been able to solve it.  I'm not
> actively using it any more anyway, so maybe it's time to obsolete it, unless
> someone else wants to pick it up.

I'm always willing to discuss cases like this.  Please post the .cygport
and patches, along with the error message(s) you are seeing.

--
Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-11 18:40 ` Jon TURNEY
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2015-02-11 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/02/2015 04:14, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> ddd                                          Jon Turney

Done.

As a workaround for the encoding issues seen with OpenMotif [1], ddd
only uses the 'C' locale

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-11/msg00073.html

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11 19:08     ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-02-11 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 11:28 -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > orpie                                        Andrew Schulman
> >
> > OK.  I just rebuilt orpie, and now it depends on libncursesw10.  Is that the
> > right successor to libncurses10?  If so, I'll upload the new build.
>
> Yes, please.

Done.

> > > ploticus                                     Andrew Schulman
> >
> > This package needs to be updated and I've tried a few times to rebuild it, but
> > the build always fails and so far I haven't been able to solve it.  I'm not
> > actively using it any more anyway, so maybe it's time to obsolete it, unless
> > someone else wants to pick it up.
>
> I'm always willing to discuss cases like this.  Please post the .cygport
> and patches, along with the error message(s) you are seeing.

Hm... I just fixed one problem and it seems to build now.  Let me look at this
again when I have a little more time - maybe I can finally update it.

And:

> sng                                          Andrew Schulman

ATM this won't build with libpng16.  The source was only patched last year for
libpng15, and not by the main author.  I can't remember now where the patches
came from - it wasn't me - but I'll see what I can find out.

If you want to look at the build, here are the cygport and patch files:

wget \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng.cygport \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-ChangeLog.patch \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-sngc.patch \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-sngd.patch \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-usage.patch

And the following files, taken from libpng15 I believe, have to be copied into
the root of the build tree:

wget \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/extras/pngdebug.h \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/extras/pnginfo.h \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/extras/pngpriv.h \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/extras/pngstruct.h

Don't ask me why, I don't remember and the patches were someone else's.  It
worked.

ATM the build is failing with:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6     -ggdb -O2
-pipe -Wimplicit-function-declaration
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/build=/usr/src/debug/sng-1.0.6-2
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6=/usr/src/debug/sng-1.0.6-2
-MT sngd.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sngd.Tpo -c -o sngd.o
/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/sngd.c
/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c: In function
‘fatal’:
/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c:43:5:
warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strlen’
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     vsprintf(buf + strlen(buf), fmt, ap);
     ^
/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c:43:20:
warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘strlen’

which seems like a trivial problem, but I haven't conquered it yet.

Andrew

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-11 19:22   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 18:40 +0000, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 11/02/2015 04:14, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > ddd                                          Jon Turney
>
> Done.
>
> As a workaround for the encoding issues seen with OpenMotif [1], ddd
> only uses the 'C' locale
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-11/msg00073.html

AFAICS this is an issue with ddd, not motif, and that's how Fedora
handles this as well:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ddd.git/tree/ddd-3.3.11-lang.patch

Thanks for updating,

Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-11 19:30 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-11 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package maintainers,
>
> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> libgd2):
[snip]
> I am tracking progress here, which also contains further details:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiQ0Mcp588cVVt5LaYXQG5i_HznVF14k50j_pneGT68/edit?usp=sharing

FYI, the doc is set to accept commenting, so feel free to strike out
your packages (Format->Strikethrough or Alt+Shift+5) once you have
uploaded them, and I'll merge those in after verification.

Thanks,

@ 2015-02-12  2:51       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-12  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 14:08 -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > sng                                          Andrew Schulman
>
> ATM this won't build with libpng16.  The source was only patched last year for
> libpng15, and not by the main author.  I can't remember now where the patches
> came from - it wasn't me - but I'll see what I can find out.
>
> If you want to look at the build, here are the cygport and patch files:
>
> wget \
>  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng.cygport \
>  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-ChangeLog.patch \
>  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-sngc.patch \
>  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-sngd.patch \
>  http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/sng/sng-usage.patch

I would leave the usage line as is, or add a second line with just sng
-V (without the [file...]), as sng -V [file...] is a no-op.

> And the following files, taken from libpng15 I believe, have to be copied into
> the root of the build tree:
[snip]
> Don't ask me why, I don't remember and the patches were someone else's.  It
> worked.

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-08/msg00083.html
https://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/sng/ci/55b820b/tree/

However, we want to use libpng16 nowadays instead of libpng15, and the
similar hack with libpng16's headers indeed does NOT work.  So this is
(a hopefully rare) case where an older libpng is required.  Given the
options, I would prefer to keep libpng12 for this case.  I have uploaded
libpng12 for x86_64, and you'll need a few tweaks to force the build to
use it:

https://sourceforge.net/p/cygwin-ports/sng/

> ATM the build is failing with:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
> -I/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6     -ggdb -O2
> -pipe -Wimplicit-function-declaration
> -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/build=/usr/src/debug/sng-1.0.6-2
> -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6=/usr/src/debug/sng-1.0.6-2
> -MT sngd.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/sngd.Tpo -c -o sngd.o
> /home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/sngd.c
> /home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c: In function
> ‘fatal’:
> /home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c:43:5:
> warning: implicit declaration of function 'strlen'
> [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>      vsprintf(buf + strlen(buf), fmt, ap);
>      ^
> /home/andrex/dev/cygwin/sng/sng-1.0.6-2.x86_64/src/sng-1.0.6/main.c:43:20:
> warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'

main.c is missing an #include <string.h>.

HTH,
--

@ 2015-02-12 15:24     ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2015-02-12 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/02/2015 19:22, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 18:40 +0000, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>> On 11/02/2015 04:14, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> ddd                                          Jon Turney
>>
>> Done.
>>
>> As a workaround for the encoding issues seen with OpenMotif [1], ddd
>> only uses the 'C' locale
>>
>> [1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-11/msg00073.html
>
> AFAICS this is an issue with ddd, not motif, and that's how Fedora
> handles this as well:

Yes, this is an issue with ddd, what I meant was that the issue didn't
manifest itself with lesstif, for whatever reason.

> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ddd.git/tree/ddd-3.3.11-lang.patch

For the record, that patch doesn't work with OpenMotif, because
_XtDefaultLangProc() comes along later when we open the display, and
overrides that by doing a setlocale(LC_ALL,"") (See [1]).

The working patch only seems to be in RHEL5 [2]

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=441503
[2]
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ddd.git/tree/ddd-3.3.11-lang.patch?h=el5

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-13  0:58       ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-02-13  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> > > This package needs to be updated and I've tried a few times to rebuild it, but
> > > the build always fails and so far I haven't been able to solve it.  I'm not
> > > actively using it any more anyway, so maybe it's time to obsolete it, unless
> > > someone else wants to pick it up.
> >
> > I'm always willing to discuss cases like this.  Please post the .cygport
> > and patches, along with the error message(s) you are seeing.
>
> Hm... I just fixed one problem and it seems to build now.  Let me look at this
> again when I have a little more time - maybe I can finally update it.

Updated.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-13 18:37     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-02-13 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>> That's a support package for an older gcc version that AFAIK is not
>> needed anymore.  I can update if anybody needs it for something else
>> (not currently the case, though), otherwise please make it obsolete.
>
> Indeed.  I have removed ppl and the ppl-based cloog from the distro, as
> nothing depended on them anymore.

Thank you.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-15 18:30 ` Ken Brown
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Brown @ 2015-02-15 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/10/2015 11:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> clisp                                        ORPHANED (Reini Urban)

As I mentioned in the "libopenssl098" thread, I have a build of clisp-2.48
(32-bit only for now) that seems to work and that links against current versions
of all libraries.  Should I go ahead and upload it?  Or should I send the
.cygport file and patches?

Ken

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-15 18:40   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-02-15 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/15/2015 7:29 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 2/10/2015 11:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> clisp                                        ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
>
> As I mentioned in the "libopenssl098" thread, I have a build of
> clisp-2.48 (32-bit only for now) that seems to work and that links
> against current versions of all libraries.  Should I go ahead and upload
> it?  Or should I send the .cygport file and patches?
>
> Ken

I suggest to go ahead and upload.
Do you need a change in cygwin-pkg-maint ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-15 19:52     ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2015-02-15 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/15/2015 1:40 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 2/15/2015 7:29 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 2/10/2015 11:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> clisp                                        ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
>>
>> As I mentioned in the "libopenssl098" thread, I have a build of
>> clisp-2.48 (32-bit only for now) that seems to work and that links
>> against current versions of all libraries.  Should I go ahead and upload
>> it?  Or should I send the .cygport file and patches?
>>
>> Ken
>
> I suggest to go ahead and upload.
> Do you need a change in cygwin-pkg-maint ?

I made the change.  I'll wait a while to make sure this is OK with
Corinna and Yaakov, and then I'll upload.

Thanks.

Ken

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-15 21:03   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-15 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 13:29 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 2/10/2015 11:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > clisp                                        ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
>
> As I mentioned in the "libopenssl098" thread, I have a build of clisp-2.48
> (32-bit only for now) that seems to work and that links against current versions
> of all libraries.  Should I go ahead and upload it?  Or should I send the
> .cygport file and patches?

Please proceed.

Thanks,

Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-16  7:25 ` Jari Aalto
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jari Aalto @ 2015-02-16  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

<yselkowitz-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA(at)public.gmane.org>:
> [...]
| ming                                         Dr. Volker Zell
| mscgen                                       Michael McTernan
| naim                                         ORPHANED (Jonathan C. Allen)
| ncftp                                        Jari Aalto
| nettle                                       Dr. Volker Zell
| nfrotz                                       ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
| ngspice                                      Marco Atzeri
| ninvaders                                    David Stacey
| nmh                                          David Levine
| nrss                                         Jari Aalto
| octave                                       Marco Atzeri
| octave-communications                        Marco Atzeri
| optipng                                      Jari Aalto
| orpie                                        Andrew Schulman
| parrot                                       ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
| pdftk                                        David Rothenberger
| ploticus                                     Andrew Schulman
| plotutils                                    Marco Atzeri
| pngquant                                     Jari Aalto
| ppl                                          Achim Gratz
| proftpd                                      ORPHANED (Jason Tishler)
| pstoedit                                     Dr. Volker Zell
| python-h5py                                  Chris LeBlanc
| python3-h5py                                 Chris LeBlanc
| qiv                                          Jari Aalto
| R                                            Marco Atzeri
| rakudo                                       ORPHANED (Reini Urban)
| robots                                       Corinna Vinschen
| shed                                         Jari Aalto
| singular-surf                                Yue Ren (Frank Seelisch)
| sng                                          Andrew Schulman
| steghide                                     Jari Aalto
| sudoku                                       Jari Aalto
| suite3270                                    Peter A. Castro
| syslog-ng                                    Corinna Vinschen
| tack                                         ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
| tcsh                                         Corinna Vinschen
| ted                                          Dr. Volker Zell
| texlive                                      Ken Brown
| transfig                                     Dr. Volker Zell
| typespeed                                    ORPHANED (Lapo Luchini)
| vfu                                          Jari Aalto
| wcd                                          Jari Aalto
| xfig                                         Dr. Volker Zell
| xloadimage                                   David Stacey
| XmHTML                                       Dr. Volker Zell
| zsh                                          Peter A. Castro
|
| I am tracking progress here, which also contains further details:

These have now been uploaded:

abook       libncursesw10
apngasm     libpng16
aview       libncursesw102
bmp2png     libpng16
bvi         libncursesw10
cdargs      libncursesw10
cgdb        libncursesw10
cscope      libncursesw10
iselect     libncursesw10
joe         libncursesw10
ncftp       libncursesw10
nrss        libexpat1
optipng     libpng16
pngquant    libpng16
qiv         libpng16
shed        libncursesw10
steghide    libjpeg8
sudoku      libncursesw10
vfu         libncursesw10
wcd         libunistring2

Jari

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-16  9:19       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-16  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb 15 14:52, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 2/15/2015 1:40 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> >>
> >>As I mentioned in the "libopenssl098" thread, I have a build of
> >>clisp-2.48 (32-bit only for now) that seems to work and that links
> >>against current versions of all libraries.  Should I go ahead and upload
> >>it?  Or should I send the .cygport file and patches?
> >>
> >>Ken
> >
> >I suggest to go ahead and upload.
> >Do you need a change in cygwin-pkg-maint ?
>
> I made the change.  I'll wait a while to make sure this is OK with Corinna
> and Yaakov, and then I'll upload.

Sure, go ahead!  That's what I (kind of) press-ganged you into becoming
clisp maintainer for ;)

Thanks a lot.  That's a certain GOLDSTAR :)

@ 2015-02-16 20:08   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-16 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jari Aalto; +Cc: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 2015-02-16 at 09:25 +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
> | Package maintainers,
> |
> | I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> | remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> | obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> | libgd2):
> |
> | I am tracking progress here, which also contains further details:
> |
> | https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiQ0Mcp588cVVt5LaYXQG5i_HznVF14k50j_pneGT68/edit?usp=sharing
>
> These have now been uploaded:
[snip]
> steghide    libjpeg8

Jari,

Thank you for rebuilding your packages.  However, I don't see a new
steghide on the server, and your upload area is empty.  Could you please
double-check this?

Also, it seems I missed readpst from the original list; it needs to be
rebuilt for the libgd2 -> libgd3 upgrade.  Sorry for the omission.

--
Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-17  8:39 ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2015-02-17  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/02/15 04:14, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> libgd2):
>
> mscgen                                       Michael McTernan

I built mscgen for x86_64 [1], just to add a 64-bit version until
Michael was able to supply his own build (which never happened). I'd be
happy to rebuild for both architectures if you like - just let me know.

Dave.

[1] - http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-09/msg00016.html

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-17  8:49   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-02-17  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/17/2015 9:38 AM, David Stacey wrote:
> On 11/02/15 04:14, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
>> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
>> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
>> libgd2):
>>
>> mscgen                                       Michael McTernan
>
> I built mscgen for x86_64 [1], just to add a 64-bit version until
> Michael was able to supply his own build (which never happened). I'd be
> happy to rebuild for both architectures if you like - just let me know.
>
> Dave.
>
> [1] - http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-09/msg00016.html

please do.

as his last message on the list is from
  2011-03-11 the package is in reality orphan.

Regards
Marco

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-17  8:54   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-17  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb 17 08:38, David Stacey wrote:
> On 11/02/15 04:14, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> >I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> >remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> >obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> >libgd2):
> >
> >mscgen                                       Michael McTernan
>
> I built mscgen for x86_64 [1], just to add a 64-bit version until Michael
> was able to supply his own build (which never happened). I'd be happy to
> rebuild for both architectures if you like - just let me know.

Thank you.  For the time being I made you official mscgen maintainer.
Hope that's ok :)

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-02-17 10:42 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-02-17 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/11/2015 5:14 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package maintainers,
>
> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> libgd2):
>

> singular-surf                                Yue Ren (Frank Seelisch)

I am looking on this as it also lack a 64 bit version.

http://www.singular.uni-kl.de:8002/trac/ticket/700#comment:4

If successful I will took over as maintainer, but it seems hard.

Regards
Marco

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-17 10:59   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-17 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Yue Ren

On Feb 17 11:42, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 2/11/2015 5:14 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> >Package maintainers,
> >
> >I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> >remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> >obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> >libgd2):
> >

> >singular-surf                                Yue Ren (Frank Seelisch)
>
> I am looking on this as it also lack a 64 bit version.
>
> http://www.singular.uni-kl.de:8002/trac/ticket/700#comment:4
>
> If successful I will took over as maintainer, but it seems hard.

Thanks, Marco.  However, I had contact with Yue Ren via PM last month,
and he was planning to provide new versions of singular.

Yue, are you still working on this?

@ 2015-02-17 12:47     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-02-17 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On Feb 17 11:42, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 2/11/2015 5:14 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> Package maintainers,
>>>
>>> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
>>> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
>>> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
>>> libgd2):
>>>

>>> singular-surf                                Yue Ren (Frank Seelisch)
>>
>> I am looking on this as it also lack a 64 bit version.
>>
>> http://www.singular.uni-kl.de:8002/trac/ticket/700#comment:4
>>
>> If successful I will took over as maintainer, but it seems hard.
>
> Thanks, Marco.  However, I had contact with Yue Ren via PM last month,
> and he was planning to provide new versions of singular.

Nice to know.
That will be better of course.

> Yue, are you still working on this?
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

Regards
Marco

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies (pal UPLOADED)
@ 2015-02-19 10:51   ` jari
From: jari @ 2015-02-19 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2015-02-11 03:27, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
| On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
| >
| > I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages
|
| pal                                          ORPHANED (Jari Aalto)

Took care of this,
Jari

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies (pal UPLOADED)
@ 2015-02-19 10:57     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-02-19 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb 19 12:51, jari wrote:
> On 2015-02-11 03:27, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> | On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> | >
> | > I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages
> |
> | pal                                          ORPHANED (Jari Aalto)
>
> Took care of this,
> Jari

I removed the "orphaned" status from the package.

@ 2015-02-19 11:50   ` Reini Urban
From: Reini Urban @ 2015-02-19 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 02/11/2015 07:56 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Of the orphaned packages, as said in another thread, I'd make rakudo
> and parrot obsolete. I can maybe resurrect them after the Perl update
> if there's still interest in those or maybe a new maintainer shows
> up.

yes, please. parrot is now dead upstream, and rakudo needs
now moarvm and jvm dependencies. The planned stable rakudo release
is Dec 2015, so there's enough time to get a maintainer.
They work mostly on windows.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies (pal UPLOADED)
@ 2015-02-19 12:39       ` jari
From: jari @ 2015-02-19 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2015-02-19 11:57, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
| On Feb 19 12:51, jari wrote:

| > | pal                                          ORPHANED (Jari Aalto)
| >
| > Took care of this,
| > Jari
|
| I removed the "orphaned" status from the package.

You can leave it orphaned. I just rebuilt it using the latest
libraries to help Yaakow clean up old libs.

If someone wants to take over, please go ahead.

Jari

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies
@ 2015-02-20  2:43     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-20  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 12:50 +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
> On 02/11/2015 07:56 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Of the orphaned packages, as said in another thread, I'd make rakudo
> > and parrot obsolete. I can maybe resurrect them after the Perl update
> > if there's still interest in those or maybe a new maintainer shows
> > up.
>
> yes, please. parrot is now dead upstream, and rakudo needs
> now moarvm and jvm dependencies. The planned stable rakudo release
> is Dec 2015, so there's enough time to get a maintainer.
> They work mostly on windows.

I have removed parrot, rakudo, and rakudo-star from the distribution.

--
Yaakov

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-03-01 15:34 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-03-01 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> libgd2):

I would like to personally thank the following maintainers for making so
much progress in cleaning up the distro by rebuilding their packages:

Jari Aalto
Marco Atzeri
Ken Brown
David Rothenberger
Andrew Schulman
David Stacey
Jon Turney
Corinna Vinschen
Dr. Volker Zell

Andrew, could you polish some gold stars for these maintainers?

--

@ 2015-03-01 15:55   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-01 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  1 09:34, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> > remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> > obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> > libgd2):
>
> I would like to personally thank the following maintainers for making so
> much progress in cleaning up the distro by rebuilding their packages:
>
> Jari Aalto
> Marco Atzeri
> Ken Brown
> David Rothenberger
> Andrew Schulman
> David Stacey
> Jon Turney
> Corinna Vinschen
> Dr. Volker Zell
>
> Andrew, could you polish some gold stars for these maintainers?

There's a Yaakov Selkowitz missing on the list, afaics ;)

@ 2015-03-02 19:30     ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-03-02 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On Mar  1 09:34, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 22:14 -0600, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > > I just cleared out a huge number of obsolete and stale packages.  More
> > > remain, but the following packages currently depend on one or more
> > > obsolete libraries (including the recently-obsoleted libpng15 and
> > > libgd2):
> >
> > I would like to personally thank the following maintainers for making so
> > much progress in cleaning up the distro by rebuilding their packages:
> >
> > Jari Aalto
> > Marco Atzeri
> > Ken Brown
> > David Rothenberger
> > Andrew Schulman
> > David Stacey
> > Jon Turney
> > Corinna Vinschen
> > Dr. Volker Zell
> >
> > Andrew, could you polish some gold stars for these maintainers?
>
> There's a Yaakov Selkowitz missing on the list, afaics ;)

My fingers are tired.

Seriously, for years I've been meaning to write a Perl script to automate
creation of all of that boilerplate.  Real soon now.

Anyway, many gold stars awarded.  http://cygwin.com/goldstars

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-03  9:11       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-03  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  2 14:30, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> > > I would like to personally thank the following maintainers for making so
> > > much progress in cleaning up the distro by rebuilding their packages:
> > >
> > > Jari Aalto
> > > Marco Atzeri
> > > Ken Brown
> > > David Rothenberger
> > > Andrew Schulman
> > > David Stacey
> > > Jon Turney
> > > Corinna Vinschen
> > > Dr. Volker Zell
> > >
> > > Andrew, could you polish some gold stars for these maintainers?
> >
> > There's a Yaakov Selkowitz missing on the list, afaics ;)
>
> My fingers are tired.

Thanks a lot.

Now that we have so many goldstars in circulation, maybe we can
finally use it as new currency?

Hey, shall we move from goldstars to plush hippos?

@ 2015-03-03 20:23         ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2015-03-03 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 3, 2015, at 2:11 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> Now that we have so many goldstars in circulation, maybe we can
> finally use it as new currency?
>
> Hey, shall we move from goldstars to plush hippos?

The standard solution is higher denominations.  So, we need platinum, rhodium, and uranium stars now.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-03 20:25           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-03 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  3 13:23, Warren Young wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2015, at 2:11 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >
> > Now that we have so many goldstars in circulation, maybe we can
> > finally use it as new currency?
> >
> > Hey, shall we move from goldstars to plush hippos?
>
> The standard solution is higher denominations.  So, we need platinum,
> rhodium, and uranium stars now.

Hang on... plush hippos *are* a higher denomination.

@ 2015-03-03 22:59             ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2015-03-03 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 3, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Mar  3 13:23, Warren Young wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2015, at 2:11 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Now that we have so many goldstars in circulation, maybe we can
>>> finally use it as new currency?
>>>
>>> Hey, shall we move from goldstars to plush hippos?
>>
>> The standard solution is higher denominations.  So, we need platinum,
>> rhodium, and uranium stars now.
>
> Hang on... plush hippos *are* a higher denomination.

What’s the exchange rate?

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-04  9:19               ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-04  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  3 15:59, Warren Young wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> >> The standard solution is higher denominations.  So, we need platinum,
> >> rhodium, and uranium stars now.
> >
> > Hang on... plush hippos *are* a higher denomination.
>
> What’s the exchange rate?

3.1415926 goldstars for one plush hippo.

@ 2015-03-04 18:23                 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-03-04 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On Mar  3 15:59, Warren Young wrote:

>> > Hang on... plush hippos *are* a higher denomination.
>>
>> What’s the exchange rate?
>
> 3.1415926 goldstars for one plush hippo.

Only for the pink ones, though.  ;-)

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-04 19:19                   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-04 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  4 19:23, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:

> >> What’s the exchange rate?
> >
> > 3.1415926 goldstars for one plush hippo.
>
> Only for the pink ones, though.  ;-)

Huh?  The plush hippos are always pink!

@ 2015-03-04 21:41                     ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-03-04 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On Mar  4 19:23, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen writes:

> > > 3.1415926 goldstars for one plush hippo.
> >
> > Only for the pink ones, though.  ;-)
>
> Huh?  The plush hippos are always pink!

Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CV

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-05  1:11                       ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2015-03-05  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 03/04/2015 02:41 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:

>> Huh?  The plush hippos are always pink!
>
> Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CV

Should I get anything for taking the orphaned
grep/gperf/bison/diffutils/gzip when cgf left?  (A single gold star is
plenty for me; that plush hippo is above and beyond the level of effort
it took :)

[has it really been since 2009 for my last gold star?]

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-05  1:35                         ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2015-03-05  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 4, 2015, at 6:11 PM, Eric Blake <eblake@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/04/2015 02:41 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>
>>> Huh?  The plush hippos are always pink!
>>
>> Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CV
>
> Should I get anything for taking the orphaned
> grep/gperf/bison/diffutils/gzip when cgf left?

Yes.

> (A single gold star is
> plenty for me; that plush hippo is above and beyond the level of effort
> it took :)

I dunno.  I see 5 major packages in that list.  5 ÷ π ≅ 1 hippo and two stars.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-05  8:32                       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-05  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  4 16:41, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> > > Only for the pink ones, though.  ;-)
> >
> > Huh?  The plush hippos are always pink!
>
> Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CV

Yay!

@ 2015-03-05  8:35                           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-05  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  4 18:35, Warren Young wrote:

> >> Awarded!  http://cygwin.com/goldstars/#CV
> >
> > Should I get anything for taking the orphaned
> > grep/gperf/bison/diffutils/gzip when cgf left?
>
> Yes.
>
> > (A single gold star is
> > plenty for me; that plush hippo is above and beyond the level of effort
> > it took :)
>
> I dunno.  I see 5 major packages in that list.  5 ÷ π ≅ 1 hippo and two stars.

I agree.  A pink hippo it is for you, Eric.  No goldstars for the low
effort your claiming ;)

@ 2015-03-07 13:14                         ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-03-07 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> Should I get anything for taking the orphaned
> grep/gperf/bison/diffutils/gzip when cgf left?  (A single gold star is
> plenty for me; that plush hippo is above and beyond the level of effort
> it took :)

For sure:  https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#EB

Sorry for the oversight.  If anyone else is due some gold stars that I
overlooked, please let me know.

* Re: HEADSUP: Packages with obsolete dependencies [GOLDSTARS]
@ 2015-03-09 13:47                           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-09 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar  7 08:14, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > Should I get anything for taking the orphaned
> > grep/gperf/bison/diffutils/gzip when cgf left?  (A single gold star is
> > plenty for me; that plush hippo is above and beyond the level of effort
> > it took :)
>
> For sure:  https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#EB
>
> Sorry for the oversight.  If anyone else is due some gold stars that I
> overlooked, please let me know.

Hmm, that should have been a pink plush hippo rather than two goldstars...

@ 2015-03-10  9:07                           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-10  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps